Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Racing Now has Part# for Mountune MP 215 Kit

Not sure if this is news, but if you look on the Ford Racing Site, they now quote a part# for the Mountune MP-215 Performance upgrade.

It is part#2364-215-AA. Now that your Ford dealer can look this up as a Ford part, should make the whole issue of whether it is warranty approved easier to deal with.

I sent a PM to Nikki, our Canadian Ford Service rep to confirm we are good to go with this in Canada for those of you that care about our warranties.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

Rev. July 15, 2014

Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48025, provides a Limited Warranty on select Ford

Racing and mountune? Performance Parts as described herein when installed on late model Ford vehicles. This

warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It is

valid for the original retail purchaser of the vehicle and is transferable to subsequent vehicle owners.

Performance Packs and Component Parts

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when installed

on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or mountune LLC.

The Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the

part(s) with Ford Racing and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres,

whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Installation of these select Ford Racing and mountune LLC warranted performance packs and

components by an authorized dealer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline

and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage

according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

warranty aside. How does the 215 kit stand up against similar upgrades from other manufacturers at this price point?

Chuckable

I think this has been fairly heavily debated before. I called Mountune to ask the same questions, and the guy I spoke to was super informative and easygoing. Basically, he said that you may get higher output from Cobb, but that Mountune is much closer to Ford in terms of having engineering data than Cobb does. He didn't bash Cobb or say anything bad about their tuning. Basically, you're paying to keep the warranty when you buy from Mountune. Whether or not the quality is better is up to engineers much more knowledgeable than me.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #5
I think this has been fairly heavily debated before. I called Mountune to ask the same questions, and the guy I spoke to was super informative and easygoing. Basically, he said that you may get higher output from Cobb, but that Mountune is much closer to Ford in terms of having engineering data than Cobb does. He didn't bash Cobb or say anything bad about their tuning. Basically, you're paying to keep the warranty when you buy from Mountune. Whether or not the quality is better is up to engineers much more knowledgeable than me.
For me, I will be satisified, with just brightning up the performance of the Fiesta with the Mountune kit and keeping my warranty intact. I am not looking for maximum engine output. If I wanted or needed a much faster car, I would not have considered a Fiesta in the first place. I am not interested in completely changing the character of my car. A little added boost in power and then I'm good. I really can't see myself doing any other mods engine wise at all. I live in a pretty cold climate, so stock intercooler will be fine. Will not be changing exhaust either, prefer stealth. Suspension will stay stock (might add a chassis brace). Probably a rear motor mount and that will be it for me.
I have to admit I have suffered 'modification regret' on a couple of other cars. I did not know when to stop and changed the character of the car so much they were either not very reliable anymore, or just not as fun to drive as they were stock or lightly modded. More is not always better be it power or suspension tweaking.

All the same I respect others visions for what they wish to do with their own cars.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
warranty aside. How does the 215 kit stand up against similar upgrades from other manufacturers at this price point?
You can go all Cobb and save about $400 and still come out with similar gains. Cobb's intake also looks much better.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #7
You can go all Cobb and save about $400 and still come out with similar gains. Cobb's intake also looks much better.
Granted, but saving $400 will not seem like such a good deal if your engine lets go and then you have to fight with Ford claiming what ever mods you did did not cause the engine to expire. Lets say your car had a faulty head gasket when it was built and would have let go even un-modded. Once you do any mods, what would have been a no question warranty job, will likely now be a fight. You better hope you have that rare dealer that will look after you and not care about non-approved mods.

For me, not a chance I wish to take

For what it's worth, I believe all the Mountune parts actually have to pass some of Ford of Europe's testing before they get sold. I'm not 100% on that, but essentially I believe that's a big reason why Ford Racing has partnered with Mountune, and why you can now maintain your warranty with Mountune parts.

haste

1000 Post Club
This limited warranty requires that parts must be purchased from an authorized Ford

Racing Dealer and installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby Automotive, Inc., or mountune LLC.
Self install includes no warranty? That just adds more to the overall cost and makes the Cobb solution look even better.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Are they planning to release the tuner alone? Is Mountune Port flasher really $900?
It's the same AP3 that Cobb uses, minus some features. Value is dependent on the person, but I bought my AP3 used for $400 and then spent $150 for a custom tune by FreekTune.

Self install includes no warranty? That just adds more to the overall cost and makes the Cobb solution look even better.
That's correct. You can buy every part they make that's warranty compatible, but if you don't pay dealership install rates then it's no different than saving the part cost by buying from any other manufacturer. If you want performance and warranty then you have to pay to play.