Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Fourth of July Special $49.99 Dpro Rear Camber plates 2+ degrees nominal negative camber! ! for your FiST!

Trader history for Dpro (5)

Fusion Works

I just installed mine last weekend and I am happy with the finished product. With my car at ride height with me in the driver's seat, I measured -2.25 on my 2016.

You can't go wrong buying a set of these. You will want to paint them or plate them to keep them from rusting after you install them.

Dpro: I just got my 2017 this week, and am making my list of potential handling mods. Are you doing another run of these any time?

Thanks Dpro, good to know. I always like to drive a new (to me) car stock for a while, do my research and then figure out what my mods will be. More negative camber is always on the list.
Does the current run increase stock negative camber by 2 degrees, or does it result in a total of minus 2 degrees?

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but you mentioned above that the Pierce beam "stiffener" has a similar effect as adding a rear sway bar...and we all benefit from good knowledge when we can find it! I'm trying to understand how the stock beam works in general and it's anti-sway effect. Would a stiffener be the first stage of reducing roll/sway and then adding a sway bar would increase that?

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #330
Thanks Dpro, good to know. I always like to drive a new (to me) car stock for a while, do my research and then figure out what my mods will be. More negative camber is always on the list.
Does the current run increase stock negative camber by 2 degrees, or does it result in a total of minus 2 degrees?

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but you mentioned above that the Pierce beam "stiffener" has a similar effect as adding a rear sway bar...and we all benefit from good knowledge when we can find it! I'm trying to understand how the stock beam works in general and it's anti-sway effect. Would a stiffener be the first stage of reducing roll/sway and then adding a sway bar would increase that?
A sway bar will always have more reduction than a beam stiffener . Though one might not be looking for so much more . I personally found a rear sway to have too much sudden oversteer at high speed. Of course it’s also about one’s intentions for the cars. Autocross is going to be setup different than a canyon or track car.
I tried a rear bar when I added my camber plates to gain back some of the playfulness as the camber plates dialed in more grip in the corner and higher entry speeds cutting down on lower speed oversteer dialed into the car stock. My results were higher speed sudden oversteer that was a bit disconcerting. When my boy Danny went to a versus splitter he could not use a swaybar and he put in the Pierce beam stiffner instead. He is also using my camber plates. Two things to take into account though 1: his car is a 2015 and mine is a 2018 , 2018‘s had stiffer twist beams stock. 2: Playing with ones tire pressure can increase or decrease oversteer on our cars.

So in conclusion outside of adding camber plates for better corner grip and being more planted in the rear it’s really a case of what one wants specifically for the car handling wise.

Thanks again, Dpro. Was the stiffer beam part of the 2016-2019 revisions? Sounds like I should see how it goes with my stock 2017 rear handling, add a beam stiffener if I want less roll, then a sway bar if I want even less roll.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #332
Thanks again, Dpro. Was the stiffer beam part of the 2016-2019 revisions? Sounds like I should see how it goes with my stock 2017 rear handling, add a beam stiffener if I want less roll, then a sway bar if I want even less roll.
stiffer rear beam amd larger front sway were part of the 2016-2019 suspension revisions essentially Ford softened the spring rates to make the ride better and stiffened the anti roll part to compensate for what the previous stiffer springs were handling. The car does not have a lot of roll to begin with in fact I do not run a rear beam stiffener or a sway on my car. I just have my camber plates with MeisterR coilvers and the car is pretty damn planted. I did run the rear sway but was to try and bring the oversteer playfulness that the stock setup has . I pointed out earlier what happened and why I have since removed it . I will play with tire pressures now. Most guys I know are not running anything besides camber in the rear.

Now the only reason why i would be buying these is because i am putting coilovers on (silvers) however i want to keep it as close to stock height as possible so i wonder if the plates are necessary for me to keep my fender from getting messed up

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #337
Now the only reason why i would be buying these is because i am putting coilovers on (silvers) however i want to keep it as close to stock height as possible so i wonder if the plates are necessary for me to keep my fender from getting messed up
Only you can answer that. I do not know what tires or wheels you are trying to run and ya you need to figure that out.