Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front LCA bushings

Who has done it? Feedback from the front when pushing it leads me to believe this car might benefit from stiffer control arm bushings even more than the commonly swapped rear motor mount.

So far I've found options from Powerflex, Whiteline, Hardrace, DNA, any others?

They are probably nice to do at a mileage maintenance/upgrade time, but I think the RMM is a much bigger problem child. On a low mileage, newer car I doubt you most could feel the LCA bushings. The RMM everybody can appreciate immediately.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
On a low mileage, newer car I doubt you most could feel the LCA bushings.
This car has some serious torque steer under hard acceleration and it shouldn't. I suspect the big bushings in the LCAs.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This car has some serious torque steer under hard acceleration and it shouldn't. I suspect the big bushings in the LCAs.
Start with A RMM of your choice and go from there.....if desire isn't satisfied I Rec. Vibratechnics Mounts.....Great setup....Vibes are not bad at all with all Trans. RMM and passengerside Motor mount done together. I personally have all Vibratechnics on my FiST put them on a month or so ago.

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Start with A RMM of your choice and go from there.....if desire isn't satisfied I Rec. Vibratechnics Mounts.....Great setup....Vibes are not bad at all with all Trans. RMM and passengerside Motor mount done together. I personally have all Vibratechnics on my FiST put them on a month or so ago.
Did you notice a decrease in torque steer when you added the vibratechnics mounts? You have the street version correct? Was the NVH increase noticeable when you added them. I am dealing with some torque steers issues myself and figure it's probably time to address them now that I am happy with my powerband.

@TyphoonFiST

Last edited:

Brianmc27

Did you notice a decrease in torque steer when you added the vibratechnics mounts? You have the street version correct? Was the NVH increase noticeable when you added them. I am dealing with some torque steers issues myself and figure it's probably time to address them now that I am happy with my powerband.
I’m assuming, that with all your other mods, you have the mount inserts already?

Brianmc27

I am running complete stock engine/trans mounts LOL! I just have a CP-E RMM which I still love.
Wow! That’s impressive! That must feel like a wild stallion when you get in it!

The powerflex race inserts are cheap and pretty easy to install. Worth a shot before going full solid mount.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow! That’s impressive! That must feel like a wild stallion when you get in it!

The powerflex race inserts are cheap and pretty easy to install. Worth a shot before going full solid mount.
There have been enough horror stories about those mount inserts that I would do a full, complete solution before I moved from the stock units.

Brianmc27

Hm... guess I missed those. Fingers crossed here.
I’m happy with mine thus far.
What’s the issue with them?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Brianmc27

It looks like a majority of the failures come from that chintzy O-ring they supply to keep the passenger side motor mount insert in place. I was aware of that and used a zip tie instead.
It looks like in more extreme cases the motor mount bolt can shear off. It think the ARP bolt Ron sells would help avoid that.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
IM WITH OP, RMM DOES NOTHING FOR TQ STEER

THIS FORUM IS CRAZY CAUSE SOME HOW WE THINK THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE TQ STEER WHEN ITS HORRENDOUS

IM WITH OP, RMM DOES NOTHING FOR TQ STEER

THIS FORUM IS CRAZY CAUSE SOME HOW WE THINK THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE TQ STEER WHEN ITS HORRENDOUS
We can hear you.

I think its pretty subjective. For me its not too bad for what it is and relative to other cars I have had. The RMM, and my lower 4 point brace made noticeable improvements for me.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
We can hear you.

I think its pretty subjective. For me its not too bad for what it is and relative to other cars I have had. The RMM, and my lower 4 point brace made noticeable improvements for me.
Torque steer is definitely an issue, but I'd reserve "horrendous" for a V6 Altima or similar. Mount inserts (passenger and driver side) and a 2-pt brace helped my FiST a lot. The RMM might not help much, but it's a must-have for many other reasons.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im gonna parrot the others. Rmm ( in my case mountune) a passenger mount ( vibra-technics fast road compound) and a lower subframe brace.
I still have the stock upper trans mount.