Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front most tranny mount bolt seized

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So took out my tranny today and put it back in only to find my front bolt off the channel seems to have bent so much I can't get the bolt all the way down. Can I use washers? Should I drill and tap the hole bigger? Looking for creative options as I don't have a lot of time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Go for a similar grade 8 bolt from the hardware store and send it. That happened on my svtf lol. The bolt is continually side loaded so thats gonna happen.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Alright. Should I just drill it out slightly bigger and retap then?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id just find one that as exact a fit as possible. If you cant. Yes, drill and re tap. Youll also have to drill out the mount for the bigger bolt.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Alright. I wish I could just straighten the threads out. This happened to my engine mount bolt too. Luckily it was just the bolt that fucked up. I was gonna try to bend the threads back with a screwdriver but I don't know how hollow our channels are. If the threads just protrude with no support I may end up just cracking them.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Hey punk, thanks for lending your sanity. Bolts fixed, redrilled with 27/64 bit and then tapped in a 1/2 13