Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS FS 2016 Platinum White w/ Recaros and Winter Wheels (11k miles) $16k Northern DE, Southern PA

Trader history for jtehh (0)

UPDATE! Car no longer for sale. Has been traded in. Wheels and AP are sold (pending). Traded in for --> https://imgur.com/a/J2WhlXf

I'm not sure if any of these posts actually work, but figured I'd try. I see lots of FiSTS for sale in here, never sure if any actually sell. There is a story here, but feel free to not respond with your condolences. I've made my peace with it and my family. Unless you have a great story about someone you know that had a GBM and lived another 20+ years, I'm good. Median time is about two years but I plan on beating that (as everyone does of course). Don't want to come across as a dick. But I've had enough thoughts and prayers over the last week to last me two lifetimes.

PSA - if you have a persistent headache that you can't get rid of for a couple weeks, go to an ER and get a CT scan. I was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and last Thursday, surgeons cut open my head and removed a big, fat GBM tumor. I have a wicked zombie-looking scar in time for halloween, so it all works out I guess.

In the meantime, what I drive now might be my last car. I think that as much as we all love our FiSTs, no one is saying it is our "dream car". With that, I've decided to trade mine in. But - that is kind of the problem. I can't wrench on it to revert it to stock. I have all of the parts, but as it sits, it is lightly modded and in my opinion, at its best. It would kill me to turn it back to stock and my neurosurgean has told me "no way" to getting underneath it and doing any straining. And as we know, working on this car involves some strain and squeezing into small places. My head hurts just thinking about it. But for trade-in value, dealers are going to just shake their head as soon as they see the big ole Revo intake with heatwrap. I never really planned on getting rid of my FiST. It was a keeper and my 14 year old eyeballs it daily and couldn't wait to row through the gears on the back roads here in Southern PA soon. He will probably mourn the loss of the car more than I will.

Again, I have all of the stock parts for anyone that has the time/desire to revert. This has been a 100% reliable car. Not a single trip to dealer since original oil change at 1.5k miles (last change was about 4.5k miles ago by me using synthetic - posted about that here in forums. Also swapped out the trans fluid to Motul 300 about 1000 miles ago). Check my post history for things done on/with the car.

I have a fully mounted set of winter tires (Pirelli) from Tire Rack (still have the receipt) that I used last winter with great success. No TPMS. Just parked next to my all seasons in the garage and that kept the lights off.

Currently owe money on the loan because Ford gave me 0% and I was in no hurry to pay back free money. Monthly payment is $379 and whoever buys can probably just take over from there. Ford credit site seems to be down, so I can't pull up the balance. But it sits above what I'm asking (again, this was a long term car, wasn't trying to pay off early). I would be covering the difference via cash/check (up to buyer).

A few pictures attached. Can add as many more as requested. Check my profile for mods as that list is updated. Car drives wonderfully.

Link to my "log" I keep for the car: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgUO5j6rC6Kh20D1yAXvxs3nDe2jiThVhfnkxCCEdSo/edit?usp=sharing My real name and address are in the log (the receipts) so be nice. No need to dig too far, I'm not that interesting I promise.

Imgur was best I could do for pics. https://imgur.com/a/Cd5YPB1 I can post whatever you want to see. Car is out in the driveway (albeit getting rained on). Not a ton of energy right now, but can take and post some pics for anyone intersted. Car looks great still, just a little dirty from driving on wet roads.

As for what is next....haven't decided. One thing is that I will probably buy something that is an auto. While I was in the hospital, my FiST became a bit of a roadblock in the driveway. With all of the family I had in town, no one but my mom (who last drove a manual in our old '70 VW Beetle) could drive it. Not sure why it happened, but us Muricans really stopped driving manuals and I was tired of being stuck in a hospital bed while my family bitched and moaned about only having access to one car to get around (our Automatic Volvo) while my perfectly good FiST was sitting there untouched. So - looks like autos for me. Which is unfortunate. I want to go out rowing if possible. But some of the newer autos are pretty damned slick (PDK, DCT, etc) if a bit complex. Looking at an Audi S3 currently. I know it is a dressed up Golf R, but I like them and the car will need to outlast me.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the wall of text. I wake up early these days and don't have much to do but watch crappy morning news. And by the way, uploading pics just isn't working. It says they are uploading, but they aren't showing up. So that is not fun. Will post them shortly.

To re-iterate, this is fully loaded with just under 11k miles. Recaros, Nav, sunroof, etc. AndroidAuto works wonderfully. Apple CarPlay probably not (I never replaced the USB hub) but I don't have an iPhone to test with. Nav works just fine (but I use Waze/Google Maps instead). View attachment 18352 View attachment 18353 View attachment 18354 View attachment 18355 View attachment 18356 View attachment 18357 View attachment 18358

I will come back and update the post if/when this is traded in, just to let everyone know what to expect if you end up in a similar situation. Obviously, to keep the value high, you would ideally not mod the car. But that just isn't fun. I have no regrets at this point. The wife on the other hand - she doesn't quite understand it all.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
jtehh
Thread Starter #2
Will sell the Cobb AP and Boomba knob separately since I can uninstall them with minimal effort and they add nothing for trade in value. PM if interested. Will look for about $375 or so for AP, 50 for knob. The AP has a few flash tunes for 93 octane (Stratified, Dizzy), can't recall if those are usable on cars other than the one paired to the AP or not. That seems to be asked every once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
jtehh
Thread Starter #3
And if local and want the winter wheels can let those go for $400. Total cost to me was near $700 new. I just can't deliver them as I'm not cleared to drive right now.

Link to the Tire Rack info https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxUQgYGJAxezb3dkUDdvLTlkSWZfY3BFdHpSUU5KQm1TZUww
Pick above shows them on the car. For the price, not bad loooking IMO. TR was out of steelies when I needed to get the tires due to impending snowstorm.

Last edited:
OP
jtehh
Thread Starter #4
Sale is over, she is gone. Traded in for $16k on $19k loan to Audi. Now owner of a sweet blue Audi S3. Winter wheels tentatively sold for now. Thank you all for the work you have done to keep this forum hopping. Hope I can find something similar for the S3.

https://imgur.com/a/J2WhlXf

Last edited:
Thanks much for the Accessport! Good luck with the S3. I know you are "chomping-at-the-bits" to drive it and I can see why with the roads you have closeby.[thumb]

OP
jtehh
Thread Starter #7
Thanks much for the Accessport! Good luck with the S3. I know you are "chomping-at-the-bits" to drive it and I can see why with the roads you have closeby.[thumb]
Thanks for making the drive all the way to me. And glad you hit some of the better nearby roads. Enjoy the AP and let me know if you have any problems/questions.

--Jason