Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS: DIY 4x100 conversion drill jig (Pittsburgh)

Trader history for WhiteST (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting rid of my drill jig because I have no use for it now, as I already drilled my hubs. It worked great and want to offer it up to someone going the DIY route. Honestly, this isn't the easiest process, so I want no surprises for anyone who is interested in doing this. Not that it's very hard but it's long and tedious. I'd rate the difficulty a 6/10. If changing your oil, or installing a front mount is a tall order, then you probably wouldn't feel comfortable using this.

That being said, I'll include the directions and help anyone that buys this in anyway I can.

The quick and dirty of how this thing works
1)Remove wheel
2)Slide jig onto studs
3)Tighten down your lugs on the jig
4)Drill the 1/4 in pilot hole through brakes and hub
5)Remove jig/rotate 90 degrees and bolt back down
6)Drill 1/2 hole through the previous pilot hole already drilled
7)Rinse and repeat

What you'll need to start drilling
1)1/4" drill bit
2)1/2" drill bit
3)A good electric drill
4)Cuting oil for lube
5)***A new 1/2" drill bushing*** Size:1/2" inner diameter, 3/4" outer diameter and longer than 2 inches

***I have a 1/2" bushing already installed, but as you can see in the pictures it's too short. It worked for me but I already had my holes rather large, but even then I broke 2 bits.***

Why did I even switch out the bushing? Because the original jig is set up to drill smaller studs than ours.

So there are two ways to do this. You can buy this "as is" and replace the bushing yourself. Or if you'd like, I'll buy the proper bushing and press it in myself before I ship it. It will add a few days to the wait and probably around $30 to the original price for the bushing.

Note: You may have to grind your rear studs slightly to relocate to the new holes. There's a clearance issue with the rear dust brake/bearing assembly. Maybe someone has a safer alternative but as of right now I think I'm the only one who drilled these while still on the car. Obviously, both drilling and pressing in the studs is much easier while off the car.

Buying as is= $50 Shipped
Buying the jig and me ordering/pressing in the correct bushing=$80 Shipped

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
As you can see you can also do a 114 conversion (just switch the bushings to the other 2 holes)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
My car after the conversion

Where did you get the jig from? Did you buy it from somewhere or did you fab it yourself?

interested, but I've spent sooooo much money this month on parts lol

shipping to T3K 5Z3 - Calgary, Canada?

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #3
Where did you get the jig from? Did you buy it from somewhere or did you fab it yourself?

interested, but I've spent sooooo much money this month on parts lol

shipping to T3K 5Z3 - Calgary, Canada?

Pm sent

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Interesting. I thought the hub's couldn't handle 4x114? I'm really interested in 5x114.

TempeST

I want this, but I am in the same boat as eglove. If this is still for sale once I sell some of my stuff, i'll take it. but until that time, could you PM me where you got it as well? I wanna book mark it just in case. GLWS LOVE the 6UL's

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #7
Interesting. I thought the hub's couldn't handle 4x114? I'm really interested in 5x114.

I'm not sure if they can handle that bolt pattern or not, I was just explaining the other 2 drill positions on the jig. Maybe someone else can chime in, it might be too close to the edge of the hub.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #9
Price drop!!! FYI the money you save with wheels and tires with this conversion makes it worth it.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #11
Price drop to $50 shipped. Want to get rid of this. If you buy this new its $109.

Status
Not open for further replies.