Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS: Used Mountune Quick Shift - $95 Including Shipping

Trader history for adamm (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was installed on my car at the end of 2015 and recently removed. The Fiesta was only the second manual car I'd ever driven, and I spent a lot of my time in Utah traffic trying to shift from 1st to 2nd as quickly as possible because of feeling 1st gear was short and because of other drivers tailgating. Only after driving the car for a year and a half did I realize that the Quick Shift didn't do much for the speed of my shifting; I just needed to get better at driving. This is a great mod if you'd like a shorter shift, though I would consider it a driving "feel" mod rather than a performance mod.

As visible in the photos below, it has a few dings and is not cosmetically flawless, but its functionality is still perfect. Mountune made an early version of the Quick Shift that didn't allow sixth gear to engage fully, and then they revised the design and remedied the issue. This piece is the revised design, and its web page is available here:
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Quick-Shift-Fiesta-ST-2014-2017-p/2238-bqs-aa.htm

If you're considering a short shift kit, know that this one can be quite a bit more difficult to install than others if you don't have the right tools (and patience). If you want a solid, short shift, though, I believe it's worth the effort. I also recommend adjusting your gearshift cable after the install:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/938-Gearshift-Cable-Adjustment-Vehicles-With-6-Speed-Manual-Transmission-B6

If the above doesn't deter you:

Price is $95 via PayPal and includes shipping within the lower 48 states.

Quick Shift and all required hardware (pictured) are included. A new set of color-printed instructions is also included.

Please send me a PM with something pertaining to "Quick Shift" in the title if you're interested. Thanks for looking!

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #2
Sold to [MENTION=7326]Typical Tom[/MENTION]! Moderators, please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.