Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS: Used Swift Spec-R Springs (4X910R) - $260 Including Shipping

Trader history for adamm (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were installed on my car in June of this year and removed last Wednesday, on the car for 3 months of this summer and just short of 2300 miles.

The Swifts drop the car about an inch all around (1.1 inches front, 1.0 inch rear). They’re a lot of fun on cloverleaf on- and off-ramps, and the lower center of gravity is definitely something that can be felt. Turn-in is good, and the car is very chuckable with them installed. You can read a little more about them here:
https://whooshmotorsports.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/swift-spec-r-lowering-springs-fiesta-st-2014-2017

With that said, driven without a great deal of caution, the Spec-Rs are low enough that with them installed, I can hear my exhaust scrape on the two rather large speed bumps leading into and out of the condo where I live. The rear is also the tiniest bit too stiff for my friends who brave the back seat. Given the roads I drive on a regular basis, and with my need for clearance in snow during the winter, I’m a little sad to say that I can’t see the Swifts working for my setup long-term.

If you have plans to lower your car for the track and would prefer to skip coilovers, I recommend springs like these. Alternatively, if you feel you have sufficient experience with and/or a good understanding of these springs and don’t mind a low car, the Swifts may be perfect for you on a daily. Some might consider them a cosmetic mod, but I believe other springs might be better for a lower “stance” and decent ride comfort. These are intended for performance. To add, though your experience with them may differ from mine, I found they were better with a larger front sway bar (no rear bar).

Price is $260 via PayPal and includes shipping within the lower 48 states.

I will package springs carefully, but please know that they don’t (and never did) include any instructions of their own for installation. COBB has a really good guide, though, available here:
https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201670564-Tutorial-DIY-Fiesta-ST-Spring-Install

Please send me a PM if you’re interested. Thanks for looking!

For photos below, wheels are 16-inch Rota Grids, "Flat Black" in color w/ an offset of 40. Tires are 205/45R16 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2s. The diameter of this tire is slightly smaller than that of the stock Bridgestone, which is a 205/40R17.

On stock springs:

On Swift Spec-Rs:

On Swift Spec-Rs, a little further away and from the rear:

I purchased some Swift's used for my fist and love them. I recently took the car for a track day and it is now more predictable and feels more stable during any high speed and sharp corners. Daily driving the car feels like it goes over bumps "smoother", but has a more rigid feel since the springs are a linear rate and not progressive... So they are not as "cushy" as some other springs. Just another point of view for anyone considering these. I'm very happy with them and don't feel like it took anything away from the car as a daily for me at least. The drop is enough to get rid of the fender gap so they have a nice look as well as the op said. They are not low compared to many other brands. I take driveways at an angle to not scrape my Mountune lip, otherwise no probs so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for the input, [MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION]! They handle well, are not outstandingly low, and are in no way unlivable -- I'd just prefer to err on the side of caution so potential buyers don't feel the product is not what they expected. Driving newly-paved highway is a treat with how connected these feel; it's just the smaller, slower, pot-holed roads around here (and one experience driving gravel) that had me scared for clearance. I would love to keep everything else about the Swifts... if I could just have them at stock ride height. [:D]

Sale pending on these.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thank you for the input, [MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION]! They handle well, are not outstandingly low, and are in no way unlivable -- I'd just prefer to err on the side of caution so potential buyers don't feel the product is not what they expected. Driving newly-paved highway is a treat with how connected these feel; it's just the smaller, slower, pot-holed roads around here (and one experience driving gravel) that had me scared for clearance. I would love to keep everything else about the Swifts... if I could just have them at stock ride height. [:D]

Sale pending on these.
Are you going back to the factory spring, or having a higher rate linear at the factory height, custom made for you?

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #8
Are you going back to the factory spring, or having a higher rate linear at the factory height, custom made for you?
Just back to the factory springs for the time being. That is a great idea, though! I have a friend who I believe went that route in a different car, so I may ask him about it next time we speak.

These are amazing spring especially paired with the billstein b8 struts.

"I've been told that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at anytime I will be sacked. Even the Angel Gabriel would struggle with that hanging over his head." ~ Jeremy Clarkson

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #10
Thank you, everyone, for the interest and all the great input! These springs have been sold to [MENTION=7972]Sprayed150[/MENTION]!

Moderators, if you see this, please close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.