Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWerks catback exhaust installed - pics and video

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I've had my FSWerks catback sitting here since Thursday but I finally had the time to take it to the shop on my day off and get it installed. First off, let me just say that Ford made a terrible decision making the stock exhaust one single piece. I've never seen a factory exhaust where the muffler wasn't a separate piece near the axle.

With that being said, I begrudgingly cut my stock exhaust where the instructions said to, detached the muffler then took the rest of the piping off. Took me about 2 hours total, but I took my time and made sure I had everything lined up and positioned correctly. I am VERY pleased with this exhaust, it sounds awesome and cracks, gurgles and has the perfect tone. No noticeable drone on the highway at 80MPH, not that I'm ever cruising at that speed but I'm glad to know it won't drone if I'm ever there. Great deal for the money and this is the best exhaust upgrade I've ever had out of the 10+ cars I've put exhausts on. After the install I did go over the piping and polish it with an Eagle One "Nevr-Dull" wadding polish to give it a nicer shine. It could use wetsanding if you wanted to get it fully polished but I'm happy with how it turned out.

[video=youtube;3etkxK83pHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3etkxK83pHc[/video]

Man that looks and sounds nice. I keep changing decisions on what exhaust I want to go with from week to week, and right now I'm leaning towards the FSWerks. Seems to be the middle ground between sound; MBRP too loud, Cobb to quiet, and middle ground in price as well.

I think this will be the exhaust I'll go with. Sound is perfect and everyone says there is no drone which is a plus. AND the price can't be beat.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
exhaust looks good! Been really happy with mine.

For some reason, your tips and the tips of about every other FSWerks exhaust I have seen, seem to sit further out from the diffuser than mine. I barely have any engagement between the tips and muffler, and still have very little of the tips exposed.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Did you make any length adjustments at all in any sections of your piping? I had to slightly extend how far the middle pipe was sitting back because I was skeptical of how close it was sitting to the heatshields. I also want to say I slid the muffler all the way on then maybe moved it forward slightly.

The tips I slid on all the way. I personally like where they sit though. I did notice the instructions stated there were "heavy duty" and "light duty" clamps but the 3 that came with mine all apeared to be the same. I contacted FSWerks on Facebook and they said that they now only give heavy duty clamps. Maybe they made some other small changes as well.

I'm between the FSwerks and COBB, Cobb gives me a 15% discount+ship for free so the price is so close, FSwerks is $613, COBB is $636 I just don't know who to get.