Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

fswerks short throw shift adapter review

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought this piece from fswerks and it was immediately noticeable on the shift throws with the ball in the 25% reduction spot on the adapter. I couldn't imagine it being any shorter than what it is now. The install took about 30 min in 20° weather here in Mn. All I can say is the use of an 3/8 extension with a 4mm Allen head socket worked way better than fumbling around with an Allen wrench in such a tight area due to all the plastic emission hose in the way. Great piece by fswerks! Now only if performance parts were As readily available for my Typhoon. I was shocked at how many different companies make stuff for the FiSTs. [like]

Thanks again Fswerks!

I bought this piece from fswerks and it was immediately noticeable on the shift throws with the ball in the 25% reduction spot on the adapter. I couldn't imagine it being any shorter than what it is now. The install took about 30 min in 20° weather here in Mn. All I can say is the use of an 3/8 extension with a 4mm Allen head socket worked way better than fumbling around with an Allen wrench in such a tight area due to all the plastic emission hose in the way. Great piece by fswerks! Now only if performance parts were As readily available for my Typhoon. I was shocked at how many different companies make stuff for the FiSTs. [like]

Thanks again Fswerks!
Thanks for your review I'll be picking one of these up soon after my RMM

Love mine! Now do the bushings!
I'm considering doing this adapter and bushings since it's cheap and looks easy enough to do myself. I'm looking to get the shifting feel closer to what my miata had (shorter and more mechanical). Can you describe the feeling the bushings provide? Any issues or worries doing this with a warranty still on the car?

jayrod1980

This is a really nice upgrade. I wanted to go mountune because it is more extreme but it's much harder to install.

I did this mod myself and I've never changed a cars oil before. Shifts are night and day nicer.

Here's a quick before and after video I made today

[video=youtube;_pWeVnFfXOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pWeVnFfXOQ[/video]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I have mine still sitting in the box and I'm in Minnesota too, want to come over and install it? [thumb]
It took me 20 mins in the cold....quit being a panzy and just do it. I wasn't even wearing a jacket.