Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FTW-FST45XR Turbobay Hybrid

I will be installing a Tubobay Hybrid in a couple weeks and will be posting results. If anyone has there turbo in we can discuss its performance here. BE072521-13A1-4FFB-8EE4-9C0CEDC9156E.jpeg

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we have a few customers with these already. Basically the same as the one from Turbo Parts Canada. Spools a little late and will cap out a bit before the Puma X-Series and our hybrid. Very affordable though and another option for everyone

we have a few customers with these already. Basically the same as the one from Turbo Parts Canada. Spools a little late and will cap out a bit before the Puma X-Series and our hybrid. Very affordable though and another option for everyone
I have the turbo parts canada hybrid turbo and I'm making good power right to redline, but not as much as an x47r. The larger bore inlet tube made HUGE difference, as did a catback exhaust system.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I have the turbo parts canada hybrid turbo and I'm making good power right to redline, but not as much as an x47r. The larger bore inlet tube made HUGE difference, as did a catback exhaust system.
yeah, they supply only the turbo
Puma includes the large bore inlet and the whoosh includes the large bore inlet, both fire rings, oil drain gasket, and new OEM Downpipe bolts.

OP
Obsoletion
Thread Starter #6
Here are a couple photos of-the install, getting the car tuned now. Will post vdyno numbers when i get it tune in.

Attachments

OP
Obsoletion
Thread Starter #9
Here are my mods so everyone can know what I'm running.
Whoosh Cat-less downpipe
Whoosh Short shift kit
Whoosh V2 inter-cooler
Whoosh High Flow turbo inlet
Whoosh Hi-flo hot side intercooler pipe
K&N Air filter (stock intake gold taped :\)
Velossa Tech Big Mouth intake
MBRP 3" catback exhaust (heat wrapped)
Boomba Symposer delete
Turbosmart BOV Kompact Dual Port (recirculated)
Turbosmart 7 psi wastegate
Mountune RMM
NGK Iridium 1 step colder plugs
Eibach pro-kit springs
Fresh oil change and filter (full synthetic)
Transmission oil change
Cobb Assess Port

OP
Obsoletion
Thread Starter #11
H
How did it turn out?
having some issues right now with the car dont know if its the turbo or engine yet. Got to 250whp on the vdyno when I started to have problems, im thinking turbo seals. I talked to the owner and he gets the cores from pumaspeed and i saw on the forum that people have had seal problems. if it Turns out to be the turbo turbobay will repair it for me

H

having some issues right now with the car dont know if its the turbo or engine yet. Got to 250whp on the vdyno when I started to have problems, im thinking turbo seals. I talked to the owner and he gets the cores from pumaspeed and i saw on the forum that people have had seal problems. if it Turns out to be the turbo turbobay will repair it for me
Any updates

OP
Obsoletion
Thread Starter #14
New turbo is back in. I can post my Vdyno number as I go. Here is starting tune for base line. Three pulls to red line. Will update as new tunes come in from Dizzy.

Attachments

danbfree

3000 Post Club
New turbo is back in. I can post my Vdyno number as I go. Here is starting tune for base line. Three pulls to red line. Will update as new tunes come in from Dizzy.
Holy low power baseline! Who's doing the tuning? I wouldn't think baseline would be THAT low, but I guess you gotta break it in and make sure seals are good this time, right? And thanks for updating today as I had just started looking at turbo options again and heard about TurboBay from some FoST guys and am curious, although an X47R is not much at all either, especially when you consider the Turbo Bay upcharge to keep your stock turbo is pretty steep!

OP
Obsoletion
Thread Starter #16
Holy low power baseline! Who's doing the tuning? I wouldn't think baseline would be THAT low, but I guess you gotta break it in and make sure seals are good this time, right? And thanks for updating today as I had just started looking at turbo options again and heard about TurboBay from some FoST guys and am curious, although an X47R is not much at all either, especially when you consider the Turbo Bay upcharge to keep your stock turbo is pretty steep!
Yeah its just to make sure everything is working properly. If you look up turbo Canada they have pretty much the same turbo and they got good numbers . I made 250hp/tq before it went. And yeah once im sure the turbo is good ill see if i can still get the discount by sending it in, but i did use the karma payments so it wasn’t that bad anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m running their hybrid currently with JST and it feels very power full and has good pull I’m currently loving it and tuning is going great per Brian at JST should be done with tuning in a few more maps. I’ll post my Vdyno chat when I get a chance. 👍👍💪

OP
Obsoletion
Thread Starter #19
I’m running their hybrid currently with JST and it feels very power full and has good pull I’m currently loving it and tuning is going great per Brian at JST should be done with tuning in a few more maps. I’ll post my Vdyno chat when I get a chance. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji123]
Nice to hear from someone thats got one in. Love to see what your putting down when it’s done

Nice to hear from someone thats got one in. Love to see what your putting down when it’s done

I was skeptical at the beginning after buying it, but after talking to my tuner and the owner of turbo Bay I felt like the turbo was more than fine for the application I’m looking to use it for. My favorite part of it honestly is the power all the way to 7k rpms and the way it whistles

Ford Community Posts