Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel Starving — Need Help

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My local track has a really long left hand carousel with a quick right hand turn to a long straight. If I’m at 1/2 tank of fuel, my car (and other Fiesta STs) will fuel starve at the end of the carousel. It happens at +100mph just before the entrance to the straight. It’s extremely sketchy to say the least.. I bring fuel to keep it topped off, but it’s a real pain in the ass. Have any of you had this problem and corrected it? I’m looking at different options, some are more complicated than others. Looking forward to your thoughts..

I've had fuel starving at the end of a long left, but only with a 1/4 tank. And I can't help you with the resolution because I stopped having the problem after upgrading from the stock suspension.

I wish you luck, though, and I'll be paying attention to what you do to resolve this.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I still haven’t completed this project. I’m pulling the LPFP next week to determine if using Hydramat is possible. If not, I spoke with Tune+ about a Radium kit. The surge tank is a much more expensive investment ($600ish) than Hydramat ($300ish) and locating a mounting point outside the cabin could be difficult. I’ll update this thread when I’ve made a decision and completed the installation. If I could get by with 1/2 tank, I’d just add gas. I don’t like the way the car feels on track with more than 1/2 tank.

Ford Community Posts