Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full LED Lighting Upgrade

Taz

I'm wanting to do a full LED upgrade of my head and tail lights as the next step in my modifications to my car. I've got LED fog lamps on order so they're seen to, but what do I need for the rest, including the mirrors?

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #4
Okay, so firstly dips.

What exactly makes THIS so much better than THIS and THIS? Is it simply a more powerful beam? What's the temperature option for? Is it just colour preference, or is there a practical reason for it? Lastly, why does it need that little box whilst the other bulbs don't?

As for the cheaper two, I notice the last one has a weaker beam, but why is it the same price as the more powerful set? Does it being "compact" give it something that the more powerful bulb doesn't have to warrant it being the same price?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The Xenon bulb is a different technology than the two LED bulbs. It was the best bulb available beyond halogen bulbs before LED bulbs became available.

The two LED bulbs both claim the same light output, 8000 lumens. The Xenon bulb doesn't specify its light output, so you cannot compare that given the information available.

The compact LED bulb will more likely fit in your headlamp housing and allow fitment of the stock rubber dust boot.
The other LED bulb is larger (in the part that sticks out the back of the reflector) in part because it contains a fan and cooling fins, and may not fit under the dust cap, requiring you to source a deeper rubber boot that fits the headlight housing, or to leave it open to getting dirt and water inside.

The Xenon bulb may cause the vehicle to throw an error for missing bulb, requiring the installation of an adapter which provides the necessary resistance so that the computer thinks there is a bulb present and working. It appears both the LED bulbs have that built in.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #6
The Xenon bulb is a different technology than the two LED bulbs. It was the best bulb available beyond halogen bulbs before LED bulbs became available.

The two LED bulbs both claim the same light output, 8000 lumens. The Xenon bulb doesn't specify its light output, so you cannot compare that given the information available.

The compact LED bulb will more likely fit in your headlamp housing and allow fitment of the stock rubber dust boot.
The other LED bulb is larger (in the part that sticks out the back of the reflector) in part because it contains a fan and cooling fins, and may not fit under the dust cap, requiring you to source a deeper rubber boot that fits the headlight housing, or to leave it open to getting dirt and water inside.

The Xenon bulb may cause the vehicle to throw an error for missing bulb, requiring the installation of an adapter which provides the necessary resistance so that the computer thinks there is a bulb present and working. It appears both the LED bulbs have that built in.
Thanks for that info. In that case I think I'll go for the mini LED set. They say that they're all for the same car, but from experience it's better to play it safe, especially with my luck. That's 50 quid saved! :D

The only thing I'm stuck on now is the rear spoiler brake light. Is it the same bulb as the regular brake lights?

Taz beware the EU lamp bulbs are different from the US lamp your car has H7 for low beam the US is H11 same as the fog lamp the Hi or deep beam are H1 for those you need a base holder and a H1 converter to connect to the socket or just clamp the cable. The conector at Amazon is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LSF81L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and the base holder https://www.amazon.com/TOMALL-Headl...53d-b89c-44a37a293c7d&pd_rd_i=B073QP63VK&th=1. both are $ 20.98. Other H7 are S-V.4 or the GTRLighting Ultra Led 2.0 H7

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #8
Taz beware the EU lamp bulbs are different from the US lamp your car has H7 for low beam the US is H11 same as the fog lamp the Hi or deep beam are H1 for those you need a base holder and a H1 converter to connect to the socket or just clamp the cable. The conector at Amazon is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LSF81L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and the base holder https://www.amazon.com/TOMALL-Headl...53d-b89c-44a37a293c7d&pd_rd_i=B073QP63VK&th=1. both are $ 20.98. Other H7 are S-V.4 or the GTRLighting Ultra Led 2.0 H7
Thanks for the info. I'll make sure I get the right ones for the UK model. :)