Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fumoto Valve users, do you notice a small amount of leaking or is my valve faulty?

Spork1569

I installed the valve about 500 miles ago and today while checking my boost hose clamps I noticed a tiny amount of oil exiting the fumoto valve.

It wasn't even enough to make a drop of oil and when I checked my fluids all was normal and well, but I'm wondering if I should contact fumoto about it, or whether this is normal?

I haven't put one on the fiesta yet but I've had them in the past, it is not normal for them to leak even a small amount.

The valve is all the way closed with the "handle" in the little notch, right?

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #3
I haven't put one on the fiesta yet but I've had them in the past, it is not normal for them to leak even a small amount.

The valve is all the way closed with the "handle" in the little notch, right?
Yeah even has the cover to prevent it from opening

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
If it leaves a drop on the concrete of your garage floor, then you will want to replace it. If all it is is damp with oil, I would keep it as is. I use a hose on mine when I drain the oil. When finished, I just unplug the hose and leave it without even wiping off the nipple so I would never be able to tell if it had a super slow leak. To me it is akin to a damp axle seal. Is it leaking? Technically yes. Is it leaking enough to be a problem? Not as long as the leak does not get worse.