Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

G25-550 make 600whp?

xxiaze

What is the likelyhood of a g25-550 making 600whp on meth and nitrous? Can anyone give me any real input? Please don’t just call me stupid lol. What are the stressed maximums of this turbo on our 1.6l engines? Would the g25-660 be a better application? I like the idea of running a smaller turbo for spool times... but also not sure the exact intention of build. Mostly big highway pulls, some very little track use. That being said, 600whp is desired figure (targeted) If I don’t achieve it that’s fine... just have heart set in that direction.

Any info would be great, opinions are also fine just have it make some sense. Thanks!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #4
I can't imagine this car effectively utilizing 600whp... I'd stick to a realistic goal that's more in line of what the car was designed to do.
This is exactly what I wasn’t looking for as a response though. I get this sort of thing all the time with my build direction. I have a goal and even if it’s rather dumb I’m taking it there. Per my interest. So, that being said... have any real input? Like about what I’m asking? I have a g25-550... I’m curious if I can buff it with meth and nitrous to hit 600whp.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
400 WHP is the accepted limit for the stock internals. A G25-550 may see close to 500 HP with a lot of work and a 100 shot would get you close to 600.

Mountune will sell you a 2L that'll deliver 650HP without nitros for $100k - that'll give you a sense of what it takes to deliver that kind of power out of a small displacement engine. You're probably looking at a $10k long block (check out Pumpspeed's Blue Top). You'd also be blazing new-ish ground with the IB6 gearbox and the half-shafts, esp if you run fat, sticky tires, not to mention nitros on a heavily boosted EB16.

When it does fail, I imagine that it'll be epic!

I haven't ever seen anyone attempting to build 600 hp from the 1.6 ecoboost. I expect that if you succeed you will be the first to do it. I also expect that you'll discover the basic structure of the engine just isn't strong enough to withstand 600 HP. If I am correct I would suggest you have multiple cameras recording the dyno run in both normal and slow motion. Because if the engine lets go the destruction event will be spectacular. Having a video of that event may offset the cost you've put into the project.

Cobb had one at about 320 to 350 and they said you could burn your rubber off the wheels in first and second gear due to the lack of launch control. And if you change that you have to change a (%^&^%$) load of other stuff to compensate for the extra strain your putting on everything else.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #9
400 WHP is the accepted limit for the stock internals. A G25-550 may see close to 500 HP with a lot of work and a 100 shot would get you close to 600.

Mountune will sell you a 2L that'll deliver 650HP without nitros for $100k - that'll give you a sense of what it takes to deliver that kind of power out of a small displacement engine. You're probably looking at a $10k long block (check out Pumpspeed's Blue Top). You'd also be blazing new-ish ground with the IB6 gearbox and the half-shafts, esp if you run fat, sticky tires, not to mention nitros on a heavily boosted EB16.

When it does fail, I imagine that it'll be epic!
This is just the kind of info I was looking for, thank you for this. I planned on running a Clarke treated transmission and and fully built EB16 - I’m looking into options (which are currently none) of a stroker kit for it to get me closer to the 2.0l range. That would leave the weak point at the half shafts. Know of anyone that makes these beefier? Or would I have them custom made? I don’t believe the motor would cost 10k, but I might be wrong. I think even an MRX would be sufficient, and that’s like 8k. I think I will build my own though. This is awesome encouragement, thanks for not shutting it down.

I haven't ever seen anyone attempting to build 600 hp from the 1.6 ecoboost. I expect that if you succeed you will be the first to do it. I also expect that you'll discover the basic structure of the engine just isn't strong enough to withstand 600 HP. If I am correct I would suggest you have multiple cameras recording the dyno run in both normal and slow motion. Because if the engine lets go the destruction event will be spectacular. Having a video of that event may offset the cost you've put into the project.
It will be a while lol, but when it does happen... and it will... It will certainly be well documented. I like the offset cost video idea 😂 Hopefully that can be avoided with good and logical preparation.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #10
Also, I’m not sure that I follow the logic on the mountune 2.0l motor reference. We’re you suggesting I swap from the EB16?

I don't have any relevant informations for you but I'm following this. It's always hard to be the first to push the boundaries to a point no one ever did and of course that will lead to some mistakes that are great opportunities to learn and develop new knowledge of the car. Go for it if you really mean it! Rooting for you :)

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is just the kind of info I was looking for, thank you for this. I planned on running a Clarke treated transmission and and fully built EB16 - I’m looking into options (which are currently none) of a stroker kit for it to get me closer to the 2.0l range. That would leave the weak point at the half shafts. Know of anyone that makes these beefier? Or would I have them custom made? I don’t believe the motor would cost 10k, but I might be wrong. I think even an MRX would be sufficient, and that’s like 8k. I think I will build my own though. This is awesome encouragement, thanks for not shutting it down.
MFactory had a group buy for uprated half shafts but it never got to the magic number; I think that we were 2-3 commits away.

I dunno about throwing a 100 shot of nitros at a heavily boosted MRX. That seems... enthusiastic.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #15
MFactory had a group buy for uprated half shafts but it never got to the magic number; I think that we were 2-3 commits away.

I dunno about throwing a 100 shot of nitros at a heavily boosted MRX. That seems... enthusiastic.
Alright cool, so it’s in the scopes by people. As the time comes I’ll reach out to MFactory then and see if they can help me in the right direction. I was thinking of offsetting the 100 shot by running methanol (100%) to bring the motor closer to the 520whp naturally sustained by the g25. Then have a 50-75 shot for burst 600whp. I was aiming to tune in 2MAPS one dumbed down a bit (~500whp) and then the full send map (~600whp). I’d be satisfied in a rounded up 500 (575-585whp area). The vehicle will be running full e85 out of the pump (e50-85ish, haven’t tested my local pumps yet). I have already acquired Up-rated fuel pump and will be running 4port)

that being said, I haven’t had much solid input regarding running meth and nitrous simultaneously . I’ve searched for this type of thing but haven’t found stable answers. Does anyone have experience with this potentially volatile combination? I wanted to run my nitrous at the throttle body and my meth at the cold side bung I have... or visa versa.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would ask whoever is going to be tuning the car what their opinion is on mixing those fuels. You might be able to build the car to physically withstand those numbers but you will need a tuner who is capable of getting that power out of the car.

You also might want to look into a long tube turbo manifold and running a bigger turbo than a g25-550.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #17
I would ask whoever is going to be tuning the car what their opinion is on mixing those fuels. You might be able to build the car to physically withstand those numbers but you will need a tuner who is capable of getting that power out of the car.

You also might want to look into a long tube turbo manifold and running a bigger turbo than a g25-550.
I have the Peron STG4 g25-550 turbo kit with EWG and long tube + 3” straight through exhaust. I was trying to avoid going to the 660 if I didn’t have to. I wanted to keep the turbo stressed a bit and pushing it max flow while utilizing its smaller housing size for spool time. It won’t need 600whp all the time, just want to be able to reach near that with the setup. I will certainly be speaking to my tuner about the options and final path... just trying to collect my thoughts here first with help from the fiesta family. I appreciate you guys.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Peron's exhaust manifold is nice, but the long runners from a WOR kit or something similar (sidewinder style) would ultimately benefit what you are trying to do.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #19
Peron's exhaust manifold is nice, but the long runners from a WOR kit or something similar (sidewinder style) would ultimately benefit what you are trying to do.
Welp, unfortunately I hadn’t seen this at the time of my purchase... which is unfortunate! I’ll just have to run the Peron setup and see where it will take me. I suppose I’ll find it’s limits. If 600 is not realistic then it just won’t be! But, that being said.. asking these questions here will prevent any other possibly sub standard purchases to head in that direction. I Am hopeful that the Peron kit will be sufficient for my interests. I am willing to spend the money but I’m certainly not made of it, so I can’t rebuy the things. As it is this will take me quite a while to fund :)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Welp, unfortunately I hadn’t seen this at the time of my purchase... which is unfortunate! I’ll just have to run the Peron setup and see where it will take me. I suppose I’ll find it’s limits. If 600 is not realistic then it just won’t be! But, that being said.. asking these questions here will prevent any other possibly sub standard purchases to head in that direction. I Am hopeful that the Peron kit will be sufficient for my interests. I am willing to spend the money but I’m certainly not made of it, so I can’t rebuy the things. As it is this will take me quite a while to fund :)
your 25-550 will make "550" HP (not whp) max under ideal circumstances. To make more you'll need nitrous or a larger turbo. There are direct fit options such as the 25-660 and 30-770
The OEM manifold has seen over 400whp, the Peron tubular will easily support 200whp over the OEM manifold
Your flow restrictions at that power level will be cylinder head related (port size, valve size, cams) not the tubular manifold