Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GAS PRICES!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey Team!

It's times like these where I'm so happy to be a FiST owner. With gas prices SOARING and car prices at all time highs I consider all of us to be so fortunate. We have an awesome and super fun car that with some restraint will give us GREAT gas mileage.

View attachment 47371
Absolutely agree! I think one of the things that the fiesta ST does best is blend fun and practical together into one car.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #4
Just paid $4.95 for premium. Haven't seen prices like that since I lived in California and Bush was president. Good thing I didn't buy a Challenger. :p
Imagine all the MOPAR guys right now... LoL. Or anyone with larger displacement engines.

At least part of the reason you, and the rest of Europe/the world can still buy small, sporty, semi-economical rides. [wink] [thumb]
Oh FoSho! If they were your prices i'd be tooling around in a V6/V8 clubbing baby seals left right and centre and single handedly trying to kill an entire rain forest with emissions.

Almost time for motorbike, it might have 140Bhp but it can manage almost 50mpg

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This thread is expressing thoughts that I have had before, basically that it's fun to have a car that has this much performance, and doesn't cost that much in gas to run.You can drive the crap out of the car and get 25 miles a gallon, which is great.
I paid $4.61 per gallon for 93 octane a couple days ago here in central North Carolina. The increase in gas prices only added a few dollars to the cost of my fill up, not that big a deal when you put it in perspective.

in PA I paid 5.19 a gallon for 93 (10% ethanol) on Sunday. prolly went up since then honestly. it's getting out of hand.

I live 8 minutes from work and my FiST is my daily, so I only use 6 gallons a week. not too bad. I just fill up once a week so my sticker shock isn't as bad lol

I'm driving to NC this august for a wedding, I'm scared for what gas for the trip will be. I figure a tank and a half each way plus at least a tank driving around down there.

Here's how I will adapt to rising cost of petrol/gas:
  • Gonna say 'no' to a few desserts at restaurants.
  • Gonna have pizza instead of sushi more often.
  • Take the FiST more (skip the truck), when driving can't be avoided.
  • Charge my girlfriend for petrol/gas.
    • Thus, GF breaks up with me; I save a ton, and have more time and money for driving.
#ProblemSolver

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #16
I know this is happening and AT THIS TIME we cannot do much about it.
Please do not make this thread political.
I dont think anyone tried to make it political.
Here's how I will adapt to rising cost of petrol/gas:
  • Gonna say 'no' to a few desserts at restaurants.
  • Gonna have pizza instead of sushi more often.
  • Take the FiST more (skip the truck), when driving can't be avoided.
  • Charge my girlfriend for petrol/gas.
    • Thus, GF breaks up with me; I save a ton, and have more time and money for driving.
#ProblemSolver
Getting rid of the GF will not only save you a lot money but will also save you from a lot of other problems LoL

GREAT PLAN! United we rule! hahaha

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #17
I filled my tank up as soon as I heard yesterdays news. I work from home and actually don't have to leave the house unless I'm grabbing groceries. My grocery store is right around the corner. So my plan is to stay indoors for a few years LOLOLOLOL

My full tank will probably last me 2 months so I will eventually have to pay but I am just buying time.

Or i could just roll in my mountain bike.

SPhilli911

I can go a month or more without refilling, but still, the prices are not good. I topped it off a few days ago at $4.50/gallon and will just be more mindful about it.

My long distance road trip vacation idea is out the window for the time being, just can't justify it. Been stuck at home for years, think I can do a little more.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #19
I can go a month or more without refilling, but still, the prices are not good. I topped it off a few days ago at $4.50/gallon and will just be more mindful about it.

My long distance road trip vacation idea is out the window for the time being, just can't justify it. Been stuck at home for years, think I can do a little more.
Gone are the days of just driving to enjoy the car. Now every drive has to have a purpose. haha

Guess we'll all save on brakes and wear and tear.

Gone are the days of just driving to enjoy the car. Now every drive has to have a purpose. haha

Guess we'll all save on brakes and wear and tear.
i think i nailed the timing. Not sure if gas prices will persist like this for months ahead but,
im finally taking class to get my M license this week and getting a bike within the next 2 months.
So gotta hang in there for the time being and once that happens, the bean will only be driven like twice a week.