Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gas pump didn’t automatically turn off

Stkid93

Premium Account
If a gas pump doesn’t automatically click off when the tank is full. Is that a problem with the pumps nozzle? Or is that an issue with the car?

just had a gas nozzle overflow cause it didn’t shut itself off

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
If a gas pump doesn’t automatically click off when the tank is full. Is that a problem with the pumps nozzle? Or is that an issue with the car?

just had a gas nozzle overflow cause it didn’t shut itself off
There's a little kick in the nozzle to make it stop pumping, sometimes it sticks and doesn't shut off - thats why you aren't supposed to pump unattended :)

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Oh I wasn’t, I was standing next to the pump. Luckily I noticed as soon as it started overflowing and stopped it myself. But I’m sure the tank was still overfilled quite a bit

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
By the way, had I not been standing there. And I went inside while the gas was pumping or something. That easily could have overflowed, 4-5 gallons straight onto the ground. then all it would take is some idiot to throw their cigarette on the ground and bam. There’s a bigggggggg problem.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Besides your paint job, the only possible damage/degredation is to your EVAP system. That said, they should be engineered to handle this type of event as a "one" time or very seldom occurrence. I suspect it's just a constant "toping off" that is known to damage those systems.