Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gearbox oil Change (tried something new)

My car has 80K miles on it and i decided to change out the gearbox oil. Not really knowing what to put in i decided to do something a bit differnt. I put in 1 quart of Motul 300 and one quart of Motul DCTF.
Yes i put in 2 full quarts.
I have to say this is one of the easiest cars to change out the gearbox fluid of. All you need is a 8mm alan key on a 3/8 ratchet and a funnel and a bit of tubing.

After driving it around a bit i can say i like the way it feels. I decided to split the difference of the thicker weight of the 300 with the thiner DCTF. Because they are made by the same company i do not think there will be any compatibility issues.

Let me know if anyone else has done this.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I swear Motul cost me my trans......but I put it in ny new trans because I'm a sucker for pain and I like butter shifts. But I'm starting to hear a whine again so I'm going to try the BG fluid

OP
V
Thread Starter #3
What Motul did you put in? When you say you are hearing a Whine again what are you saying? there was a Whine in the past?