Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting my '16 FiST painted

A few questions: would I be making a mistake going to a place like Maaco? What's the average cost for painting the exterior? The interior painted bits are ok and likely don't need to be repainted.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Don’t go to Maaco unless you A: prep the car your self before painting , that includes any ding dent removals primer and sanding. B: make sure they have experienced spray guys , that means looking at their work ahead of time possibly talking to their painters etc.… In other words you could get a decent spray out of them but it varies from Maaco to Maaco.
If you just drop your car off and go here repaint it . I can pretty much tell you it’s gonna be shit. Car painting is one of those things that unless you are willing to put some of your own work into will just plain cost money. A cheap job car paint job is usually just that a cheap paint job that looks ok from 10-15 ft but will fail at 5 ft or less. lol
In other words you get what you pay for when it’s come to painting cars. Unless you have a buddy who is top notch painter who is willing to hook you up and that is few and far between.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
What is the reason for repaint? Paint will not adhere or last if there's corrosion on any part of the panel.

OP
jodyr
Thread Starter #5
What is the reason for repaint? Paint will not adhere or last if there's corrosion on any part of the panel.
Basically, the car has sustained a decent amount of rock chipping on the hood, along with a few mysterious small dents that look like somebody swatted it with something metal. The front bumper is looking a bit mangy as well, mostly due to marring where rocks have hit it. Generally, the rest of the car shows light scratching overall.