Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Going to E30

Hey guys, so I plan to get the AP and then go to an E30 tune. Right now I’ve only done a res delete and that’s the only mod so far. What other mods would go well with the AP and E30 tune? Thanks!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
FMIC is highly recommended.

Ever thought of replacing the rear motor mount? E30 is a high torque tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
FMIC is highly recommended.

Ever thought of replacing the rear motor mount? E30 is a high torque tune.

Yes, just don’t have the ability to do it myself, but it’ll go on soon.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
The rear mount is pretty easy to install using hand tools. You need to jack-up the car to get under, but’s that’s pretty much all.

Oh, duh. That too

Also stickier tires and lighter wheels

Man... what a rabbit hole.
Yeah the addiction is only going to take hold at this point.

The FMIC is #1 though. If you are going to jump to E30 right off the bat, you need that additional cooling. Personally I'd get the car cooled and breathing as freely as possible.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Performance-wise, agree on IC upgrade for sure, helps with coolant temps, charge temps, just makes the whole engine more efficient although I went a full year using e30 occasionally before I got mine, so not the end of the world if you don't have it right away, the E actually helps by running cooler... Good RMM is 100% required, and easy to do with just ramps and basic tool set. Also, for E30 torque levels, upper mount inserts and/or at least a 2 pt traction bar, also easy to do if you buy then return a impact wrench from HF :) only need ramps for almost everything other than tire rotations.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah the addiction is only going to take hold at this point.

The FMIC is #1 though. If you are going to jump to E30 right off the bat, you need that additional cooling. Personally I'd get the car cooled and breathing as freely as possible.
Not true on the IC regarding ethanol... Dizzy doesn't even have stages for e30 because it runs cool and maxes the turbo out. I ran e30 and 93 tunes for over a year before my IC upgrade and the e30 tune ran even a little cooler than the 93 tunes, so let's watch what we recommend blindly... BUT, an IC upgrade does help tremendously overall so definitely the single best performance upgrade... intake and exhaust are not a restriction either, you can get a bit more power from intake upgrades but nothing major, drop in, just because easy and sounds a little better, it only adds half an HP and 3 TQ but does sound better too.

Last edited:

Brianmc27

Not true on the IC regarding ethanol... Dizzy doesn't even have stages for e30 because it runs cool and maxes the turbo out. I ran e30 and 93 tunes for over a year before my IC upgrade and the e30 tune ran even a little cooler than the 93 tunes, so let's watch what we recommend blindly.
It’s not like it’s a bad recommendation. If you live in a warmer climate, the fmic is actually quite necessary.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It’s not like it’s a bad recommendation. If you live in a warmer climate, the fmic is actually quite necessary.
No, you're right and I updated my post, it's absolutely the single best upgrade you can do... but as far as e30 running hotter at all than 91/93 tunes that much is false...

Not true on the IC regarding ethanol... Dizzy doesn't even have stages for e30 because it runs cool and maxes the turbo out. I ran e30 and 93 tunes for over a year before my IC upgrade and the e30 tune ran even a little cooler than the 93 tunes, so let's watch what we recommend blindly... BUT, an IC upgrade does help tremendously overall so definitely the single best performance upgrade... intake and exhaust are not a restriction either, you can get a bit more power from intake upgrades but nothing major, drop in, just because easy and sounds a little better, it only adds half an HP and 3 TQ but does sound better too.
Was going to say this. Dizzy's E30 tune doesn't require a FMIC because E30 inherently runs cooler.
My $.02 @jobridge44 is I simply can't imagine an E30 tune without an upgraded RMM. That's your only truly necessary mod, imo, and a high flow air filter is up there too.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As nearly everyone has already said - you need a larger Front Mount Intercooler and Upgraded Rear Motor Mount to get the full benefits of E30 fuel. This will mitigate heat soak during back to back pulls on back roads and mitigate the engine hitting the firewall on launches. The stock air intake system is good until you decide to upgrade your turbo.

Brianmc27

I have stage 1 and E30 from Dizzy, waiting until i get my FMIC for christmas to load my E30, just for delayed gratification purposes.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You guys saying you need or waiting on E30 on an intercooler is all for nothing, nada, zilch... e30 inherently runs cooler, it runs just as cool or cooler than a 91 or 93 tune. E30 is the great equalizer, it will max out a 100% stock car and even with FBO's you're only looking at minimal gains at all over just the tune. This is the truth and has been proven over and over. I'll leave it at that.

Brianmc27

You guys saying you need or waiting on E30 on an intercooler is all for nothing, nada, zilch... e30 inherently runs cooler, it runs just as cool or cooler than a 91 or 93 tune. E30 is the great equalizer, it will max out a 100% stock car and even with FBO's you're only looking at minimal gains at all over just the tune. This is the truth and has been proven over and over. I'll leave it at that.
Like I said, I'm waiting for my FMIC mostly for delayed gratification. Still enjoying my stage 1 Dizzy 91 for the time being.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
As nearly everyone has already said - you need a larger Front Mount Intercooler and Upgraded Rear Motor Mount to get the full benefits of E30 fuel. This will mitigate heat soak during back to back pulls on back roads and mitigate the engine hitting the firewall on launches. The stock air intake system is good until you decide to upgrade your turbo.
Just not true at all about needing intercooler e30, it's almost the point of an e30 tune is to max out your car without needing bolt ons. I can't say this enough, after finally upgrading my intercooler after 18 months, I saw zero additional power on e30, but it *did* let me get a stage 2 pump tune that's a little better... Despite the small import type car following, these cars don't make extra power at all with bolt ons. :)

Just saying guys, enjoy the e30 now but then really enjoy even pump tunes more and lower charge temps in summer with an IC upgrade...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
This idea you "need" anything besides the accessport, tune and access to ethanol is silly. There are plenty of gains to be had with those alone. We can always squeeze out a little more here and there with other mods, but bang for buck AP and E30 will get you probably 85% of the potential the stock turbo has to offer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This idea you "need" anything besides the accessport, tune and access to ethanol is silly. There are plenty of gains to be had with those alone. We can always squeeze out a little more here and there with other mods, but bang for buck AP and E30 will get you probably 85% of the potential the stock turbo has to offer.
I would go so far as to say more like 90%+, our turbo is so small that there are no intake or exhaust restrictions, so trying e30 upfront before upgrades is a good idea to get a feel for how much power you can make and even motivate you to do a few more supporting mods like an IC that helps keep temps down...

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just not true at all about needing intercooler e30, it's almost the point of an e30 tune is to max out your car without needing bolt ons. I can't say this enough, after finally upgrading my intercooler after 18 months, I saw zero additional power on e30, but it *did* let me get a stage 2 pump tune that's a little better... Despite the small import type car following, these cars don't make extra power at all with bolt ons. :)

Just saying guys, enjoy the e30 now but then really enjoy even pump tunes more and lower charge temps in summer with an IC upgrade...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Could not disagree more. You saw zero additional power after upgrading your intercooler. How are you measuring this lack of power increase? Are you talking about a single 3rd gear pull? Or are you talking about a track stint or a back roads romp where you are building boost over and over again? Have you never experienced heat soak in your Fiesta with the OEM intercooler? If so, I am very surprised. I was able to get charge temperature above 100F on winter back roads driving on the stock tune, let alone with 50% more torque output on E30.

Air density and horsepower are synonymous. And if you don’t want to take my word for it, take a look at some of the white papers written by Gale Banks of Banks Power. He goes into incredible detail regarding the importance of cooling the charge air of all engines, especially forced induction engines in order to make solid, repeatable power. Key word being repeatable.

The whole advantage of E30 is increased ignition advancement. Most tunes also result in more boost pressure. Compression generates heat, as does advancement of ignition timing. Not upgrading the stock intercooler with one of greater surface area for ambient air flow allows this heat to stay in the charge air stream and results in lower air density. This means less fuel can be added to the combustion chamber. The result is less power. This is just science and math, so I am not sure I understand your experiences here.

Last edited: