Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Going to the dyno.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Next week, I'm off to the dyno. I know the owner, I used to test at his old shop Akron Horsepower 10 years ago, now he has a shop in N. Canton called Race Mod. I will be making an appointment next Monday for later in the week. What I plan on doing is getting a base line with the Dizzy tune, then as I add mods update tune then hitting the dyno after each mod to see what it adds or subtracts to the power. I will be posting the results in my build thread. If you have any requests, I will try to accommodate.

The parts I have waiting for install are as follows, Thermal R&D 3"(waiting for delivery), cp-e Ram Air (waiting for delivery), Whoosh hot side, cp-e cold side, Bravo Alfa intercooler, Bravo Alfa fuel pump, HKS BOV, Mishimoto catted down pipe, Garret GT2554r, Pumaspeed quick spool exhaust manifold.

I'm going to install the parts easiest to hardest. The exhaust and intake order of install will depend on which gets here first. I plan on doing the down pipe and exhaust as a unit. Then hot side, cold side, HKS and intercooler as a unit, AEM meth kit, All this leading up to the Garret and Puma. That will lead up to bigger injectors (once we get the data on the Jags), up rated HP fuel pump (also going to test the Jag pump on this), Brava Alpha LP fuel pump, then AUX fuel.

Thats it, open to suggestions, thoughts, opinions and ideas

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
LOL that's not how that works, but it would be neat to see if it increased transient spool time from the extra volume.
Yes, I would like to see Mike's dyno results with that IC and the factory snail.

I personally would require that BA for an S280 setup in my car, even though most are just fine with a CP-E, or it's equivalent. [wink]

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #6
Yes, I would like to see Mike's dyno results with that IC and the factory snail.

I personally would require that BA for an S280 setup in my car, even though most are just fine with a CP-E, or it's equivalent. [wink]
The BA is a tad big for the stock snail, but the Garret will be following soon after, I hate doing installs twice so the big boy is going in from the jump. One and done. That is till my super secret intercooler system is done, building it this winter hopefully.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I like the idea for this thread. It will be interesting to see actual Dyno power gains from each part

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #9
Awesome idea. If you don’t mind me asking, how much are you being charged for dyno usage? I plan on getting my car dyno’d(not tuned) pretty soon.
$200 per hour. 10 years ago it was a $100 for three pulls. I'm tuning with Dizzy.