Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gonna try my hand at paint correction

Girlfriends 2003 GrandAm has some NASTY sun damage on her clear coat. I’m wanting to get better at polishing and overall paint correction, so this will be a fun weekend project, going to start with the hood here.

*FiST posing in the background*
D6014105-DCD8-4E4D-BBB1-DA844DE768DC.jpeg

unfortunately that’s clear coat damage that can’t be paint corrected with a buffer. It will make it look a little more even but will also accelerate the peeling. Good luck.

OP
TimmyTango
Thread Starter #3
unfortunately that’s clear coat damage that can’t be paint corrected with a buffer. It will make it look a little more even but will also accelerate the peeling. Good luck.
yeah I ended up sanding the clear coat in areas it was weakened. And I’m opting for 2k clear coat. I imagine it should be sufficient for the car.

OP
TimmyTango
Thread Starter #5
Thanks man!! Went pretty dang slow. Not a perfect pattern because I used rattle cans on some base coat, first time using a SA orbital. Overall satisfied and glad to work on a cheaper vehicle. Definitely perks my interest to get a full on paint setup one day.

big win: it looks WORLDS better than it did and I’ll polish and wax it in a few weeks once it cures

I was a high end detailer for a few years and I really enjoyed it. Now I don’t take new clients and do 1-3 jobs a month which is perfect to scratch my itch as I really enjoy it without getting burnt on it.