Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got one of last 4 ST's in Arizona!!

What a car! I was very happy with a 2014 Fiesta SFE (3 cyl) up until I crashed it into a deer in June. It had 110,000 trouble-free miles, many long road trips. The car was totaled but still driveable (I think I went under him) and insurance settlement was WAY TOO GENEROUS, so I started shopping.

I had to admit I really liked everything about the Fiesta, so why not get another one? Comfortable, quiet, etc. And this time, why not go for the hot rod version?

The dealer found one and had it flat-bedded to Prescott (up in the high desert) and I've been in LOVE ever since the first day. I'm no racer or rally guy, so just as an everyday car with loads of power whenever you step on it, and total control over any curve (like a go-kart). It's already been on a long road trip and already has 9,000 miles. What an amazing little INEXPENSIVE machine?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard

jeff

2000 Post Club
Welcome!

Tell me about the 1.0 3 cyl compared to the ST...I’ve been hunting for one used to use as a beater/runabout. Very interesting car, would love your impressions...

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!

Tell me about the 1.0 3 cyl compared to the ST...I’ve been hunting for one used to use as a beater/runabout. Very interesting car, would love your impressions...
I'm looking for one to use as a beater, too. They didn't sell many, but I'd prefer it to the 1.6.
Fiestas all have a bad rep, but it mostly comes from the automatics. Manuals are fine.

OP
B
Thread Starter #16
Welcome!

It's a great car. I put 110,000 on it, getting mid-40s on the highway at 80 mph. Amazing.

For a long time I feared an overheating catastrophe, but never really had a problem (I live in Arizona where it's frequently VERY HOT outside), and realized eventually that the problems were with the earlier versions released in Europe. From pictures people posted of what hoses, etc., they replaced to be safe...I realized they didn't match my underhood.

My only concern was that when having the timing belt replaced at 140,000, my 1.0L engine might be the first one the Ford mechanic had ever worked on. But it'd probably have been OK.

The torque is amazing, from about 1500 RPMs up, and I think the motor has better driveability than the 1.4. Unfortunately Americans don't like stick shifts, which, by the way, was smoother than the Honda Fit I owned previously. The gearing was also very good. While the Fit would turn 4000 at 80 mph, the Fiesta was running about 3,000.

Again, simply amazing.