Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GR Supra Heritage Edition

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
It looks pretty good. I like the taillight treatment.

Does it come with more power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Seei g as the supra was originally a trim package on the celica. My statement is accurate.

SrsBsns

I think it's funny when people complain/rant that it's a Z4.

I'm a big fan of BMW I-6's. I have a 95 M3 and love that S50 inline 6.

Just enjoy the car for what it is. Who cares that it shares the motor?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I think it's funny when people complain/rant that it's a Z4.

I'm a big fan of BMW I-6's. I have a 95 M3 and love that S50 inline 6.

Just enjoy the car for what it is. Who cares that it shares the motor?
I think it's a fine car. It just isn't a supra. If they'd called it a celica I think everyone would've been fine- but they called it a Supra. The Supra isn't a car anymore. It's a mythic beast of legend, like a dragon, a giant, a titan. The new Supra is too small. Too impure. Too far away from what created the current legend for people to be happy. Couple that with the dealer markup and a new Supra was going to cost me more than a bunch of other, better cars with the markup, and for what? Roughly the same thing you get from a Z4.

Again - the Supra's a fine car, but it isn't a supra. If the MKVI supra had never existed, nobody would be upset - but the new Supra also wouldn't have happened. The MKVI supra wasn't a sportscar, it was a GT car.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Seei g as the supra was originally a trim package on the celica. My statement is accurate.

I was actually making fun. I should have put a smiley.

I think it's a fine car. It just isn't a supra. If they'd called it a celica I think everyone would've been fine- but they called it a Supra. The Supra isn't a car anymore. It's a mythic beast of legend, like a dragon, a giant, a titan. The new Supra is too small. Too impure. Too far away from what created the current legend for people to be happy. Couple that with the dealer markup and a new Supra was going to cost me more than a bunch of other, better cars with the markup, and for what? Roughly the same thing you get from a Z4.

Again - the Supra's a fine car, but it isn't a supra. If the MKVI supra had never existed, nobody would be upset - but the new Supra also wouldn't have happened. The MKVI supra wasn't a sportscar, it was a GT car.
This exactly!

This car only lacks a pair of fins like the Batmobile and a black paint job. I am sure it is mechanically magical but the styling is kinda grotesque. I have been able to do a couple of walk arounds. It's not a car that is going to age well. A lot too "disco" for me

SrsBsns

I hear you, but then what's the difference between this and versions of cars like the M3?

The OG E30 M3 was a bare-bones 4 cylinder 2,600lb car. Often referred to as God's Chariot, the 220 hp E30 is not even in the same class as something like the 425 hp 3,600lb tech-filled F80 M3 that's currently out. Even the V8 that was used in the E90/2's was considered blasphemy from the "purists."

I agree with you that the new one is not the same as the MKIV Supra, but I feel like people would hate on the car unless Toyota just fired up the assembly line to start making more MKIVs. Shouldn't there be room for a manufacturer to evolve?

Every review I've seen really makes the car look good.

The only reason I wouldn't be interested in one is because the new Corvette's price is pretty close and is probably a better bang-for-the-buck value.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
From a Performance standpoint the car looks pretty good. Form looks while it does look good much better in person than pics do justice too. But..... underneath its BMW all over silhouette as well. Plus since someone mentioned the E30 M3 the spiritual successor to that car is the current M2.
Current M3’s have turned into GT cars.
Getting back to this car, if Toyota had actually built a lot of my JDM friends would have been very happy. As it i the Japanese guys at one of the body shops I work with are not happy.
It is what it is, I fear it will not have Toyota’s reliability i.e reliable and not expensive to maintain or needing lots of maintenance ..but be much more like a BMW reliable but high maintenance and expensive therein.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I hear you, but then what's the difference between this and versions of cars like the M3?

The OG E30 M3 was a bare-bones 4 cylinder 2,600lb car. Often referred to as God's Chariot, the 220 hp E30 is not even in the same class as something like the 425 hp 3,600lb tech-filled F80 M3 that's currently out. Even the V8 that was used in the E90/2's was considered blasphemy from the "purists."
2 differences, I suppose.
1. There's been a continuous (ish) chain of evolutionary upgrades/updates throughout time, or, there's never been a loooooong gap without an M3 like there was without a Supra.
2. They never released a new version of the M3 replacing an iconic powerplant with a Camry engine.

I agree with you that the new one is not the same as the MKIV Supra, but I feel like people would hate on the car unless Toyota just fired up the assembly line to start making more MKIVs. Shouldn't there be room for a manufacturer to evolve?
I mean, it is what it is. I think that the long gap between mkvi and current model caused the legend of the mkvi to grow, so that when one finally comes out it's a combination of too different from the original supra and too similar to a Z4, so it's just another modern meh car with nothing exceptionally exciting about it. Personally, I never much cared for Supras, but I *loved* 70's Celicas - super fun to drive and hoon around in. And a lot cheaper to pick up than a 240z :p

I'm too tall for both the new Supra and the Z4, so it's a moot point anyways, but I tend to shy away from a lot of newer cars that are flush with electronics. Just not my preference - but I can see the perspective of people that *hate* the new Supra. It's not an evolution of the old Supra, it's a totally new car with tenuous similarities. Toyota could've called it a bunch of different names and had a hit, but choosing to call it a Supra created an uphill battle for themselves.