Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Greddy evolution catback

PunkST

2000 Post Club
20200229_173638.jpg 20200229_145846_HDR.jpg
Long ish story short. I wasnt happy with my CPE nexus i picked up used. So i managed to sell it and promised myself to get a different setup. Ill get better pics tomorrow as i still have to put my midbrace back on.

Things i learned
1. Bad gaskets by the downpipe can make really big and loud bangs. So far the new setup hasnt.
2. If your stock DP get rons adapter to upsize or go to oreillys and try to find a gasket that will work. I lucked out after selling the adapter with the catback and then kicking myself. Lol. ( i have a catless DP waiting for an install day at a shop soon)
3. 2 bolt flange is much better than slip fit for being able to assemble and adjust. Esp, when its 18 degrees under the car.
4. 700 degree copper gasket maker is your friend. Use liberally on the gaskets and let it fully cure (24 hours of car on stands looking like a ghetto wrc pit area)
5. Polyurethane exhaust hangers are the DEVIL. Never again. Id rather break rubber ones constantly and easily replace them than have to literally cut them apart to get the old exhaust off the car.

Impressions of the catback.....
Amazing welding. Easy to fit together, love that they include enough bolts to even replace the studs on the downpipe if needed.
The fit is perfect. Minor adjustment at the joints to get things centered. But nothing hit the tunnel ( unlike the resonator on the CPE that hit the tunnel constantly) it is 304 stainless and the flanges have greddy cast into them which i thought was super cool.

Driving.
So far havent driven it much. But i love the sound at idle, which is super deep and mellow. Getting on it i can hear lots more of the turbo and engine which is a huge plus. Im sure my neighbors prefer the car being a fair bit quieter. Hoping to see my gas milage go back up. Im curious to see how it sounds with the catless DP. But im extremely happy with the exhaust despite my frustrations with weather and old parts not wanting to come off. Made a 4 hour install take over 8 hours with a lunch and parts break.

Erick_V

View attachment 28269 View attachment 28270
Long ish story short. I wasnt happy with my CPE nexus i picked up used. So i managed to sell it and promised myself to get a different setup. Ill get better pics tomorrow as i still have to put my midbrace back on.

Things i learned
1. Bad gaskets by the downpipe can make really big and loud bangs. So far the new setup hasnt.
2. If your stock DP get rons adapter to upsize or go to oreillys and try to find a gasket that will work. I lucked out after selling the adapter with the catback and then kicking myself. Lol. ( i have a catless DP waiting for an install day at a shop soon)
3. 2 bolt flange is much better than slip fit for being able to assemble and adjust. Esp, when its 18 degrees under the car.
4. 700 degree copper gasket maker is your friend. Use liberally on the gaskets and let it fully cure (24 hours of car on stands looking like a ghetto wrc pit area)
5. Polyurethane exhaust hangers are the DEVIL. Never again. Id rather break rubber ones constantly and easily replace them than have to literally cut them apart to get the old exhaust off the car.

Impressions of the catback.....
Amazing welding. Easy to fit together, love that they include enough bolts to even replace the studs on the downpipe if needed.
The fit is perfect. Minor adjustment at the joints to get things centered. But nothing hit the tunnel ( unlike the resonator on the CPE that hit the tunnel constantly) it is 304 stainless and the flanges have greddy cast into them which i thought was super cool.

Driving.
So far havent driven it much. But i love the sound at idle, which is super deep and mellow. Getting on it i can hear lots more of the turbo and engine which is a huge plus. Im sure my neighbors prefer the car being a fair bit quieter. Hoping to see my gas milage go back up. Im curious to see how it sounds with the catless DP. But im extremely happy with the exhaust despite my frustrations with weather and old parts not wanting to come off. Made a 4 hour install take over 8 hours with a lunch and parts break.
I’ve always wondered how this exhaust was but it seems like it’s often overlooked. Would love some sound clips, I’m sick of my MBRP (understatement). I’m so sick of it I’m probably going to scrap the setup rather than go through the easy process of selling it lol

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
The big single tip is a bit of an odd look coming from the twins of the cpe. But at the right angle you can see the canister muffler and it looks amazingly 90s and i love it.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This tool is well worth it.
I had my exhaust system installed in a hour. The tool should last a lifetime.
I don't upgrade my exhaust hangers either the rubber ones are just fine.

Lisle 38350 Exhaust Hanger Removal Pliers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012S9A5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fxuxEbWK8PCYE

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Good to know. Better than wrenching on it with my hands. Lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Greddy makes TOP DRAWER stuff, and this system is no exception to that! [twothumb]

IF that tip was removable, and changeable, like the CP-E and Thermal, without having to cut it off the back muffler, I would consider this system in the future.
(It's NOT that I don't like that tip, I DO!, it's just that I like to swap out the tips every so often to 'change things up' a bit [I have FOUR different types of tips now for this system], like I do easily on my CP-E Nexus' system. [wink])

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I wish my cpe experience was the same. Ive had fitment issues with all of their bolt ons. So one by one im having to switch and start over. Then the whole deer thing happened. Either way, im super happy i got this system and i love the tone.

Negi

I like the tone of the greddy my only issue is that the mid pipe is hanging lower then normal on mine.I loosened all the bolts and re tightened it and it went up an inch or so.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I think mine hangs the same ish. I did push it up best i could. Used my knee under the S to rotate it upwards before tightening. Its not a bother to me as its a 3" pipe snaking through space where ford thought no one would try and fit a 3" pipe. Lol.

Negi

i was talking to Ron and he did tell me to email Greddy but i haven’t yet.Thing is laud after 3k lol

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Are you on poly hangers?? Mine is tame and smooth. BUT i am on rubber mounts in 3 places and one poly. You could try getting the car on stands and use a floor jack and wood block to rotate it more maybe and re tighten it.

Negi

yes i got the poly hangers.And my Buddy and i did it on a lift.And i might go back to stock hangers and see if it feels better sound wise and the little vibration.

I have always loved Greddy unconditionally, they do make a beautiful product. I had a Greddy Evo2 exhaust on my Subaru for roughly 16 years before the hangers broke off of their welds and the inside baffle also fell apart. I won't make any judgement there and let you decide if I got what I paid for.

Fast forward to the replacement Greddy RS exhaust I installed(because they no longer made the Evo2 for my model) and they claim to have a lifetime warranty if you register. I tried to register with Greddy directly (purchased through rallysportdirect) but I haven't heard a word from Greddy and it was probably a couple years ago now.

If they support their product properly, I would follow them religiously. For the quietest exhaust I still consider Greddy and Cobb to be my top two.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
yes i got the poly hangers.And my Buddy and i did it on a lift.And i might go back to stock hangers and see if it feels better sound wise and the little vibration.
Put rubbers on the back end for the muffler. Itll get a lot quieter. The poly sends a frequency through the trunk floor and turns the hatch into a speakerbox of sorts.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Another thingnto try is slightly rotating your mid pipe counter clockwise if possible to gain a couple more degrees to tuck the S pipe up further.