Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Greetings From Cincinnati!

Greetings Everyone! I've been lurking here for the past couple months. About 3 weeks ago I picked up a 2019 Fiesta ST with 30k miles.

I've had a couple fun toys in the past, but have been driving a 2012 V6 Camry for the past 8 years.

Here's a snip from the day I brought her home from the dealer.

The car is going to be my DD, but I've got some plans for it. The main goal is to keep it clean, and treat it nicely. Hopefully it stays in good shape for years.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

PXL_20210331_222533720.MP.jpg

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine, fellow 2019 owner! Mine was new and I'm about to hit 11k miles...whoa, hold on. Yes, a daily driver - all 18 rt miles x 4 days.

Attachments

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The main goal is to keep it clean, and treat it nicely. Hopefully it stays in good shape for years.
Welcome, it's a really fun car and I think you're going to enjoy it. I've done a lot of reading about what it takes to keep the car in good shape, especially to try to minimize formation of carbon on the intake valves with this being a direct injection engine.
I recommend using top-tier gas, major brand full synthetic oil, avoiding frequent short trips where the car doesn't get a chance to fully warm up, and an occasional Italian tune up.
These cars have proven to be quite trouble-free and durable, and I think doing these things will help them stay that way.

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to the machine, fellow 2019 owner! Mine was new and I'm about to hit 11k miles...whoa, hold on. Yes, a daily driver - all 18 rt miles x 4 days.
11k miles! That great you've been able to keep it low. My commute is 30 miles each way :confused: oh well, more time in the drivers seat!

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the tips!
These cars have proven to be quite trouble-free and durable, and I think doing these things will help them stay that way.
That was my understanding when I was researching a suitable replacement for the Camry.

It was a bit difficult to leave the Toyota Family, between My Camry, and My wife's corolla we put nearly 300k miles on those cars (140k and 150k) and the only thing we had to replace was the alternator on my Camry, and a timing sensor issue on the corolla.

My wife moved onto a 2019 Impreza 5 door that we have enjoyed for the past couple years.

Welcome welcome!
Greetings Everyone! I've been lurking here for the past couple months. About 3 weeks ago I picked up a 2019 Fiesta ST with 30k miles.

I've had a couple fun toys in the past, but have been driving a 2012 V6 Camry for the past 8 years.

Here's a snip from the day I brought her home from the dealer.

The car is going to be my DD, but I've got some plans for it. The main goal is to keep it clean, and treat it nicely. Hopefully it stays in good shape for years.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

View attachment 39874
Nice to see another Ohioan (cbus burbs here).

What are these plans?

Welcome to your new addiction!

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
Welcome welcome!

Nice to see another Ohioan (cbus burbs here).

What are these plans?

Welcome to your new addiction!
Very nice, I'm about 25 miles north of Cincinnati, so I'm a bit closer to you!

Here are my plans so far, already started with some little things.

Functional Bits:
- Ford's Carbon fiber shift knob (done)
- Yakima roof rack system (round bars) - (done)
- Yakima front loaders x2 (moved over from the wife's impreza - (done)

Cosmetic/protective
- Tinted Tail Lights - (done)
- Tinted headlights (mild)
- Clear bra the wing (it hits my frontloaders 🤔)
- Clear bra rear bumper (it's my seat on cycling adventures)
- Vinyl wrap around shifter area - I could see this area getting scratched easily - (done)
- Window Tint (maybe)
- Weather tech floor mats
- Window Deflectors (maybe)
- Ceramic Coating
- A front splitter - Maxton/mountune, I dunno
- Spoiler extension? Something subtle, Maxton?

Wheels/Suspension:
- Mountune Springs (I ALMOST went bc/fortune but got scared of the winter abuse and price commitment - (done)
- Rota Titan 17x7.5 +45 (on the way)

Performance:
- Mountune RMM (done)
- MP215 or something roughly equivalent
- Throttle pedal spacer? - I can't heel-toe or roll my ankle without getting pretty violent on the brakes in this car

Very nice, I'm about 25 miles north of Cincinnati, so I'm a bit closer to you!

Here are my plans so far, already started with some little things.

Functional Bits:
- Ford's Carbon fiber shift knob (done)
- Yakima roof rack system (round bars) - (done)
- Yakima front loaders x2 (moved over from the wife's impreza - (done)

Cosmetic/protective
- Tinted Tail Lights - (done)
- Tinted headlights (mild)
- Clear bra the wing (it hits my frontloaders 🤔)
- Clear bra rear bumper (it's my seat on cycling adventures)
- Vinyl wrap around shifter area - I could see this area getting scratched easily - (done)
- Window Tint (maybe)
- Weather tech floor mats
- Window Deflectors (maybe)
- Ceramic Coating
- A front splitter - Maxton/mountune, I dunno
- Spoiler extension? Something subtle, Maxton?

Wheels/Suspension:
- Mountune Springs (I ALMOST went bc/fortune but got scared of the winter abuse and price commitment - (done)
- Rota Titan 17x7.5 +45 (on the way)

Performance:
- Mountune RMM (done)
- MP215 or something roughly equivalent
- Throttle pedal spacer? - I can't heel-toe or roll my ankle without getting pretty violent on the brakes in this car
Hopefully Cincy roads are a little more forgiving than Cbus. I lost 3 tires and a rim in my first 30k miles of ownership to i-270 potholes. Downsized to 16's no issue since (roughly 20k on this setup).
How do those those coilovers feel?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hopefully Cincy roads are a little more forgiving than Cbus. I lost 3 tires and a rim in my first 30k miles of ownership to i-270 potholes. Downsized to 16's no issue since (roughly 20k on this setup).
:eek: Yikes!