Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Greetings!

Hey gang, just got my 2014 Fist! Having a blast already.

As a new owner of a 60k mi car I want to make sure I'm taking care of it properly so it will last- any advice? Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum, brand new here.

Thanks!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! You're in the right spot.
Put 2 liters of new fluid in the tranny. This stuff works great. https://www.ravenolamerica.com/pass...w-80-manual-transmission-fluid-ravenol-mtf-2/
Get some good synthetic oil, too.
At that age and mileage, I'd change all the fluids: radiator, brake/clutch, check the AC.
Check that your battery has sufficient juice. This car is sensitive to weak batteries. It may start, but the electronics can get wonky without the proper current going around.

If it's been well cared for, there's plenty of miles left in it. Enjoy your new go kart!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard, I think you’ll find more than enough resources in the community to answer most questions

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hey gang, just got my 2014 Fist! Having a blast already.

As a new owner of a 60k mi car I want to make sure I'm taking care of it properly so it will last- any advice? Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum, brand new here.

Thanks!
Welcome, you're going to really enjoy the car, and this is a helpful Forum, you'll get a lot of good information on here. I bought the car new and hope to keep it forever, so here is what I recommend as far as care and maintenance go-

Use only top-tier premium gas
Change the oil every 5000 miles or once a year if that comes sooner with a major brand full synthetic in the recommended viscosity
Avoid lots of short trips where the car doesn't get to fully warm up, and give it a good run of 30 minutes or so at some speed such as out in the country or on the highway once a week
Flush the brake fluid every two years
Flush the coolant every 3 years
Get a new battery every 4 years. Some people would say just wait until it goes bad, but as others have mentioned, all sorts of weird things start going wrong with the car when the battery gets low, and a lot of them initially would not seem to have anything to do with a weak battery, so this just helps you be on the safe side
Flush the clutch fluid every four years? I'm not sure if flushing the brake fluid accomplishes this also, but the event it doesn't then the clutch fluid is something that should be done. I'm told by mechanics that this is an often neglected fluid