Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GTX2860R makes 313.3whp on 93 octane :)

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

I had the pleasure of tuning a local’s Fiesta ST this past week. This 2017 is fitted with a GTX2860R turbo and almost all CP-E hard parts, including intake, fmic and piping, catback exhaust and motor mounts. The build was topped off with a pumaspeed tubular manifold and a Stratified Xtra fuel kit with a single 90 lb/hr injector!

Unfortunately, the temps were at bit high in the shop (78*), coupled with the customer’s request to run only 93 octane, we were a bit limited due to detonation creeping up. But we were still able to get a nice solid tune dialed in. This turbo really comes alive at 4,000 RPM, and is easily capable of 380+whp with a splash of E85!

Congrats on the build Chris, and I hope you are enjoying this little pocket rocket!

Final numbers: 297.1tq/313.3hp

Attachments

I'd love to have this setup, but traction must be terrible.
Why would it?

My turbo kicks in at 3.6k @ 300 ft*lbs. I have perfect traction with good tires. This one is a little about less torque at a higher RPM so it will be fine. A little rough for autocrossing, but perfect for track days and highways.

Why would it?

My turbo kicks in at 3.6k @ 300 ft*lbs. I have perfect traction with good tires. This one is a little about less torque at a higher RPM so it will be fine. A little rough for autocrossing, but perfect for track days and highways.
I just have a stage 1 setup, and second is very limited as it stands. I can see the higher rpm helping though.

Eh, that is about what is expected. Realistically you need to run Max Performance Summer tires, they can get decent tread life and still grip (~300 treadwear). Ideally, Extreme Performance Summer tires work better. These are softer compound street tires people like to use in autocrossing (exactly 200 treadwear).

In 215/45R17, you have: Pilot Sport 4 S on the high end, Potenza S-04 Pole Position in the mid range, and HTR Z III on the cheaper end of things. All are sort of necessary to get traction in 2nd gear, this is a normal FWD thing. Focus ST has more issues, being ~370 ft*lbs tq around 2.5k still with the stock turbo. Mazdaspeed3 had more issues like the Focus ST as well on the stock turbo.

The Fiesta ST has a significantly easier time getting traction with <300 ft*lbs tq even on small turbo upgrades, smaller engine. Being 2600 lbs minus the spare/jack helps too.

felopr

I just have a stage 1 setup, and second is very limited as it stands. I can see the higher rpm helping though.
you must have shitty tires or very high psi on the tires

felopr

I had the pleasure of tuning a local’s Fiesta ST this past week. This 2017 is fitted with a GTX2860R turbo and almost all CP-E hard parts, including intake, fmic and piping, catback exhaust and motor mounts. The build was topped off with a pumaspeed tubular manifold and a Stratified Xtra fuel kit with a single 90 lb/hr injector!

Unfortunately, the temps were at bit high in the shop (78*), coupled with the customer’s request to run only 93 octane, we were a bit limited due to detonation creeping up. But we were still able to get a nice solid tune dialed in. This turbo really comes alive at 4,000 RPM, and is easily capable of 380+whp with a splash of E85!

Congrats on the build Chris, and I hope you are enjoying this little pocket rocket!

Final numbers: 297.1tq/313.3hp
GJ Jason
now about that wastegate testing.. :D[crazyeye]