Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gutling's 2016 Fiesta ST

Thread to mods I have done, my opinion or information on them in case anyone searches for any of them in the future.
Lots of pics warning

2016 Fiesta ST
Purchased with 23,000 miles on it from a semi-local Ford dealer. Had to drive about an hour to get it. Bone stock, all options.

First batch of parts was small order to Cobb. Accessport, RMM, shifter bracket bushings, exhaust bracket bushings.
Accessport was amazing, ran stage 1 93 (best fuel have around here, no E gas of any variant for 150+ miles)

I have read 16+ have a better RMM than prior years to begin with, I did not notice a huge difference in swapping it. But I also did not notice a increase in vibrations/roughness inside. Very easy install

I did see some marks where exhaust had contacted bumper, and it was quite free swinging. The exhaust hanger bushings made a very noticable difference, and I no longer hear the exhaust hit anywhere rough roads or hard shifting/driving.

Shifter bracket bushings helped the shifting feel better, also very easy install.

That made the car bit funner to drive and feel better overall. Next wanted to start working on prep for upgraded turbo.
I installed the Mishimoto intake, wrinkle red. I know there is not much difference between all the intake options, so go with one you like aesthetically. I thought the red would highlight the red ST logo and stand out, and I liked the smaller airbox it came with over the large plastic factory one (I am contemplating remote oil filter kit later and it sits where the factory box extended down to). The fit was perfect, and the sound is great. Can hear the turbo and DV now.

Not pictured, but I did order one of the 3d printed gas pedal spacers off ebay. I did not care about the ability to heel-toe shift, but I have a pretty big foot and I would often get it hung on the brake pedal pulling back off the gas pedal. The spacer moved it out, and I no longer catch the brake pedal with the side of my foot.

Put in the factory rubber floor mats. I was going to go with weathertech, but liked the ST logo on these. Fit great and holding up good so far.

Also installed the Depo intercooler. Was very cheap in price, but not in quality. Very nice piece, installed easily and works great. I also turned the Cobb tune up to stg 3 at this point, and wow what a difference.

Compared to factory

1/12
Installed downpipe this weekend. In theory, pretty easy job. In reality, was a nightmare. Previous owner must have had an exhaust, because the turbo and downpipe heatshield were already missing. The turbo-downpipe bolts came out pretty easy, but the downpipe-catback was a whore. They must have been crossthreaded, it took about two hours of grinding and air hammering to get them destroyed enough to come off. Then another hour of wrestling the factory downpipe out, omg. Then the new one installed in like 10 minutes, it was so easy.

Also installed my cougar led beams. So far so good, look nice and light up road good. I am unsure about the orientation, I am checking the forum to see what others have done. Looks like they should be orientated with the leds at 3 and 9 position, mine are more like 5 and 11 right now.

1/15
I changed my oil today and installed magnetic drain plug, also drained my trans fluid and installed magnetic drain plug there too. Have not had chance to drive it and try out the BG fluid, but have good outlook on it. The fluid that came out was really thin, it surprised me and might be why it makes so much noise and clunkiness. I put the full 2 qts in after reading on the forums. Also installed Woosh battery hold down. I did not get a chance to install the cold side charge pipe yet, i could not reach the intercooler coupler clamp really well and did not feel like taking off the bumper again. Im going to try this weekend to reach in there and get it without removing it for the third time in a month lol.

1/17
Have rear view camera that replaces the hatch lift button, and the 4dtech harness to plug in back of the radio. Also have thinkview front and rear dash camera to install I am going to hardwire. Waiting for a warm weekend and will install both at same time so I dont have to take the trim off twice. Been cold or raining last few weekends here. Also, the BG fluid in the trans is great. So much smoother than the factory stuff, and the roughness from 1-2 is gone.

1/19
Installed Woosh cold-side charge pipe. This gets rid of the sound symposer and looks bit nicer. I had no trouble with it fitting with oil filter, plenty of clearance. It was a butt to get on though, two of the clamps I just could not get on, like they were too small. Luckily I have had quite a few turbo cars in the past and have built up a collection of clamps and had some that would work. The evap line fit good and the map sensor installed with their included bolt perfectly. How I got it on easiest was install the silicon coupler to the throttle body first, then get the pipe into it, then put the coupler on the intercooler, then push the pipe into it and arrange/twist it all to get room. I would also recommend installing the map sensor last, I had it in and kept bumping it into the transmission while fitting the pipe, wouldnt want to break the plastic. Initial drive was baffling how quiet it was without the sound symposer. Of course I will be doing an exhaust soon so that will change. But can hear the turbo/diverter better now. Also went from seeing a max of 23ish psi to hitting 24, so I believe symposer might have already been leaking a little bit.

Future mods include cat-back exhaust, probably going to go with the Mishimoto resonated one. And the S280 turbo. I just want to max out the stock fuel system. I was deciding between the Woosh hybrid and the s280, but the s280 a little cheaper and has more headroom in case I want to do more in the future.

Exterior I want to get the led turn signal indicators, some led tailights (probably spec-d), remove the stripes on the car (the front ones run under a clear bra the dealership put on, so I have to remove bra too, and i actually kind of like it for protection), fifteen 52 cup spoilers, some wheels when my tires give out, BBK (probably wilwood).

Last edited:
OP
G
Thread Starter #2
1/26
Finally got everything together for backup camera and dash camera install. I got the 4dtech harness/programmer for the backup camera, and bought a thinkview dash camera with front and rear camera and hardwire kit. I got everything installed and wires ran to the front, backup camera works perfectly. I did not finish dash camera yet, I have the rear installed and wire ran but ran out of daylight. Next weekend I will crawl under dash and install the hardwire kit and finish it up.

1/26
Finally got everything together for backup camera and dash camera install. I got the 4dtech harness/programmer for the backup camera, and bought a thinkview dash camera with front and rear camera and hardwire kit. I got everything installed and wires ran to the front, backup camera works perfectly. I did not finish dash camera yet, I have the rear installed and wire ran but ran out of daylight. Next weekend I will crawl under dash and install the hardwire kit and finish it up.

Do you have a video of how you installed the back up camera? Or link on all the parts to install?

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
No video, I will link the parts at end. I got the backup camera off amazon, it was one i found here in one of the backup camera threads.
I removed the plastic for the hatch first, then the nuts for the plastic panel that holds the tag lights and hatch button. Removed the old hatch release, and fitted new hatch release/camera. Had to trim the plastic a tiny bit, just shaved with a razor until it fit. Then i wired the hatch release to the plug, the wire colors dont matter. I used some plastic tubing I had and snaked it through the hatch to get the wires to the loom that goes in the car, then snaked them through to inside. I ran the power to the plug going to the taillight, and hooked it to the reverse wire and ground. Then ran the video rca all the way to the front by headliner, down the pillar, under the dash and up to behind the radio. The 4dtech harness I bought just plugs inbetween the factory harness and the radio, and includes rca hookup. I plugged it in, then plugged in the 4dtech obd programmer. It blinks a few minutes then turns solid color to tell you done. Then I started the car, put it in reverse and viola backup camera. Hardest part of the whole thing was snaking the wires through the hatch.
That is the camera I bought, looks like its currently unavailable but there are several others similar to that one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XQ3QKQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the programmer, and you can add the harness for extra.
https://www.4dtech.com/rear-camera-programmer-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
2/9
Got another box of goodies from Woosh, huge thanks Ron. Got Thermal exhaust and powerflex race engine mount insert. Unfortunetly also had first snow yesterday, and did not clear up enough to get exhaust done but I did get insert installed. Really easy, honestly 15ish minutes. Have not driven it yet. Also discovered our cars do not have a freakin tow hook. Got stuck yesterday and my dad came in his jeep with my tow strap, and after 10 minutes of searching front bumper/grill and then the internet discovered US cars got shafted. wtf. So had to abandon it until melted. I see pierce makes a tow hook kit, I am probably going to look into that. Such a dumb design decision.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
No video, I will link the parts at end. I got the backup camera off amazon, it was one i found here in one of the backup camera threads.
I removed the plastic for the hatch first, then the nuts for the plastic panel that holds the tag lights and hatch button. Removed the old hatch release, and fitted new hatch release/camera. Had to trim the plastic a tiny bit, just shaved with a razor until it fit. Then i wired the hatch release to the plug, the wire colors dont matter. I used some plastic tubing I had and snaked it through the hatch to get the wires to the loom that goes in the car, then snaked them through to inside. I ran the power to the plug going to the taillight, and hooked it to the reverse wire and ground. Then ran the video rca all the way to the front by headliner, down the pillar, under the dash and up to behind the radio. The 4dtech harness I bought just plugs inbetween the factory harness and the radio, and includes rca hookup. I plugged it in, then plugged in the 4dtech obd programmer. It blinks a few minutes then turns solid color to tell you done. Then I started the car, put it in reverse and viola backup camera. Hardest part of the whole thing was snaking the wires through the hatch.
That is the camera I bought, looks like its currently unavailable but there are several others similar to that one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XQ3QKQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the programmer, and you can add the harness for extra.
https://www.4dtech.com/rear-camera-programmer-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/
It tells me that camera is unavailable to purchase

Is that a Ryzen 7 I see there ? Good choice I re built my gaming pc last nov picked up a 2700X at my local Microcenter for $129.99 . If youā€™re buying intel in 2020 lol youā€™re doing it wrong ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
I have been AMD follower for many many years, never had trouble with them. My last build was watercooled cpu, and it decided to leak one day directly onto my gtx1080. I am running a ryzen 7 3800x now, and got to say I am impressed by it.

OP
G
Thread Starter #10
2/18
Got my Thermal exhaust installed this morning. It has been cold/raining for weeks and my driveway is gravel I did not feel like worming around under it so I took it to a local shop I use. Was about 30 min install, crazy simple and it fit very good. It sounds amazin, has no drone/rasp and is very tame at idle/low rpms which is what I was looking for. Need to take some pictures of last few things and get this updated, weather/work been sucking up free time.

OP
G
Thread Starter #13
Got small box from Woosh yesterday, also some led 194s from ebay to do tag lights and any others they will fit. Shifter base bushings, hose clamps, and trans mount bushing insert. Going to try and put them all on this weekend. Ever since I installed my cold side pipe, I have had a whistle at 22+psi. But I was not happy with the clamps (included mishimoto T clamps), so I am going through and replacing them all with this woosh kit and see if that fixes my leak. Got to finish dash cam, i got wiring for rear done but have not had chance to run power in front. And take some up to date pics, need to get pic of the both mount inserts and exhaust.

OP
G
Thread Starter #14
Got shifter base bushings installed, of course forgot to take pics. Replaced tag lights with the 194 leds. Also installed trans mount insert. Man, maybe i was doing something wrong but it was a fight. Getting the mount out was simple, sliding the big piece in piece of cake. The little bar that locks it in was the challenge. I tried silicon, no silicon, vice grips, c-clamp, all kinds of combinations. Finally got them popped in. Have not replaced the hose clamps yet with woosh's, though I think my high boost whistle is getting more dominant so I will need to soon. I just didnt feel like pulling bumper today, and my fat hands can't get anywhere near the intercooler clamps with it in place. Mishimoto's air box makes perfect place for stickers, so tossed some of them on there out of the giant pile I had lol.