Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H&R spacers with extended studs install help

Hey everyone,
I’ve been putting off installing these spacers for while, not really sure what effort it takes to remove and replace the stock studs. I looked around for information/ tutorials but couldn’t really find any. Does anyone have experience with this who could help or show me to the right place to learn how to do this.
Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey everyone,
I’ve been putting off installing these spacers for while, not really sure what effort it takes to remove and replace the stock studs. I looked around for information/ tutorials but couldn’t really find any. Does anyone have experience with this who could help or show me to the right place to learn how to do this.
Thanks
View: https://youtu.be/QDNZDR8mBhk

Even though its a Truck....it will give you the jist of knowing what to do and tools to have.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had the knuckles off so I could just place the hub flange in a partially opened vise and tap the studs out with a mallet. You don't want to use that method with the studs on the car. Rent a servicing kit which will have a press and a collection of spacers to re-seat the new stud. The mid-sized ARPs are a bit tricky to get into the rear hub without pressing the hub off the knuckle, but they'll wiggle in with some patience.

Rear hubs unbolt, front hubs use a puller with the rotors installed and the center nut removed. About 3-4 hours of labor total if it goes well. Use a proper setup to install with spacers that are greased so that it goes on smoothly, some people use lug nuts but it’s riskier. Removal of the old studs is the hard part. Check the H&R studs as the kits that I got, the studs are the OEM length, although they may be stronger (spacers tend to break off the stock studs). I used the ARP round nosed long studs and they work great.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I did all 4 corners without pulling any hubs or dust shields. No fancy tools other than an open ended lug nut and a couple fat washers to keep from scoring the hub surface.

I pulled brake calipers and rotors to give me as much room as possible.
Popped one stud out at a time. (easiest space is right in front of the front hubs, maybe the back as well. Cant remember) i used a really big wrench on the other studs to hold the hub still while tightening the new wheel stud in place. Using PB blaster as a lubricant will make the job easier and not overly stretch the studs.

:SIDE NOTES

Our car can use late model GM wheel studs for the camaro/firebird/gto. Same thread pitch and pattern as stock.

I switched to ARP wheel studs after bending two of the h&r studs swapping to summer stuff late may.

OP
Daniel.1534
Thread Starter #6
This was very informative, next time I’m swapping wheels I’ll look for the gap to fit the stud out and see what I can do.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Yup. Calipers and rotors. Makes it a whole lot easier. Youre going to want an open ended lugnut and 2 washers big enough to go over the stud to draw the new one in with a ratchet. Dont use an impact.