Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried this gear oil in our transmission?

Hello everyone, I've done a search for this specific gear oil. My question is can I use it for our transmission? I'm going to be doing my 10k maintenance soon so just wondering if this would work for me because I drive 500+ miles for work at Texas highway speeds of 70+. Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello everyone, I've done a search for this specific gear oil. My question is can I use it for our transmission? I'm going to be doing my 10k maintenance soon so just wondering if this would work for me because I drive 500+ miles for work at Texas highway speeds of 70+. Any input is appreciated.
It gives you the Ford spec right on the bottle. Compare that with what Ford says....which I do believe is XT-11-QDC / WSS-M2C200-D2

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do as you like....I would've gotten Ravenol...makes shifting less notchy

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Raziel510
Thread Starter #8
It's a bit pricey for any of the Ravenol fluids. If this stuff meets both standards and is cheaper then that's good for me, plus if it's good for Porsche and Audi then it's good for the FistšŸ‘

OP
Raziel510
Thread Starter #11
Apologies everyone, when I was first looking at changing the fluid the Triax went out of stock. I just bought some but because of my work I'll be out of town when it's estimated to arrive. So when I get back April 15th I'll change it and review it.

I got some redline mtlv waiting to go in. I wanted to try ravenol but no retailer carries that in Canada and it's expensive. I've been running motul gear 300 for the past year, and although it's notchy, and even worse in the winter, it is a base 4 or 5 synthetic oil. It's not approved by Ford but I'm confident it is providing more than enough protection.

OP
Raziel510
Thread Starter #14
Ok finally changed out to the Triax Transyn DSG and initial impression is it's a great fluid for the price and it meets all Ford specifications. My factory fill was about 1.6 quarts and I'm glad I changed to the appropriate fill level. The shifts are smooth and crisp as I'm accelerating through all the gears. I do have the whoosh short throw adapter and all the bushings installed. If you're on the fence about what fluid to get I would save some $$ and go with the Triax.

Attachments

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ok finally changed out to the Triax Transyn DSG and initial impression is it's a great fluid for the price and it meets all Ford specifications. My factory fill was about 1.6 quarts and I'm glad I changed to the appropriate fill level. The shifts are smooth and crisp as I'm accelerating through all the gears. I do have the whoosh short throw adapter and all the bushings installed. If you're on the fence about what fluid to get I would save some $$ an go with the Triax.
This is certainly better than that 140 weight Valvoline gear oil you were first considering for use in our IB6 gearbox, which is WAY WAY too thick, even in south Tejas heat, in the middle of summer, for an all day open track beating. [thumb] [wink]