Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone used the Hankook Ventus R-S3 verson 2?

I've seen a lot of praise for this tire but just wondering if anyone has used it on our cars and how has it held with your specific modifications. My OEM tires are about dead then going to all-seasons on stock wheels and buying a set of 16x7s and trying to find a good tire to wrap them in for summer/track use. It's about two hours to the track if I'm driving at an "economical" pace and I'm sure I'll end up daily driving them a bit too. This tire is currently at the top of my list but would like to know about any FiST specific experiences.

I have a set in 205x55r16 on 16x7 sparco terras. They're a lot taller than the stock height and I've had some rubbing under heavy cornering and hard bumps, so I would recommend sticking to 205x50r16.

They're a bit loud, but the car is loud enough to begin with it doesn't bother me. It's only noticeable on smooth pavement at lower speeds, 25-45mph or so.
I don't think they're as grippy as RE-71Rs or R1Rs other higher end summer tires, but they're plenty good enough. I've only done one track day on them so maybe they haven't fully broken in yet.
We're still early into the rainy season, but so far no complaints about wet road traction or hydroplaning.
About 2000 miles and one track day in and very little wear.

I'd definitely buy them again, but this time in the stock height.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
205/55? Damn dude I was gunna go 205/45/16 on 16x7 sparco assetto gara.
Yeah I knew they were in the same class as the re-71s but for me it's almost 200 bucks cheaper per set for the R-S3s. Are you stock ride height or do you have springs/coilovers?

205/55? Damn dude I was gunna go 205/45/16 on 16x7 sparco assetto gara.
Yeah I knew they were in the same class as the re-71s but for me it's almost 200 bucks cheaper per set for the R-S3s. Are you stock ride height or do you have springs/coilovers?
Ha! These are my new TD 1.2s [MENTION=129]PCA-1[/MENTION] wrapped with 205/45/16 RE-71s on - stock ride height - Initial shot when wheels/rubber arrived.

I just cleaned them up tonight in the garage. Track day is Saturday. Must either haul them up or swap them on prior...hmm I'll figure it out after I detail it and an alignment is done.

[wrenchin] Needs to be lowered either this winter or spring '17

Attachments

PCA-1

ha! These are my new td 1.2s [mention=129]pca-1[/mention] wrapped with 205/45/16 re-71s on - stock ride height - initial shot when wheels/rubber arrived.

I just cleaned them up tonight in the garage. Track day is saturday. Must either haul them up or swap them on prior...hmm i'll figure it out after i detail it and an alignment is done.

[wrenchin] needs to be lowered either this winter or spring '17
hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Considering that those B-stones are a few tenths shorter than the factory wheels, that fender gap is not too bad.

It (the fender gap) would look much worse at stock ride height with the ever popular 225/45 Rival Ses, on a 15x8, since those tires are MUCH shorter than OEM/factory rolling stock.

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Dang that's a fatass tire. The reason I ask is because my car will be lowered on MeisterR coilovers here pretty soon. I plan to keep them on as high as possible anyways and then dial it in a bit when I go to the track. Looks good though. I think I will go with the 16x7 on 205/45/16s.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Ha! These are my new TD 1.2s [MENTION=129]PCA-1[/MENTION] wrapped with 205/45/16 RE-71s on - stock ride height - Initial shot when wheels/rubber arrived.

I just cleaned them up tonight in the garage. Track day is Saturday. Must either haul them up or swap them on prior...hmm I'll figure it out after I detail it and an alignment is done.

[wrenchin] Needs to be lowered either this winter or spring '17
I love those wheels man...I want bronze for my Kona Blue but that price is just a bit too much. I live in Germany at the moment and they're even more expensive over here. Shipping to APO is terrible too.

SFP

Did you order them online or get in a shop?
I live overseas at the moment so the APO shipping kills me. For prices and shipping availability.
Ordered the tires from tirerack and got the wheels from perfect circle on here then mounted locally.

SFP

Any rubbing issues with that size? Are you lowered at all?
No issues with rubbing, I haven't lowered any but can without issue to a reasonable level. When the coils go on I'm going to close the gap a little bit by maybe a half inch

OP
A
Thread Starter #18
Okay, the reason I ask is because my MeisterR coilovers will be here soon. I'll most likely be keeping them as high as possible but I'm concerned with rubbing if I end up going with a 17x8 with these Hankook tires. It looks like the 225 fits well on the 8" wide wheel but I'd have to go with 225/45 since they don't make a 225/40.

SFP

Well that would be a completely different setup than what I have with the 15x8

Overall diameter with a 225 45 17 would be 25"

Overall diameter with a 225 45 15 is 23"

I'm going with the same coils and know they will fit fine with my 15x8 but you won't be able to fit them with a 225 wide tire on a 17"

SFP

If you would want a 17x8 wheel it would be my old setup on the totaled 2015. 17x8 38 offset with 215/40ZR17