Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hatch keyless entry not working

I have a 2019 fiesta st I got rear ended I got it fixed at a body shop but now my hatch opens violently and when I have my key in my pocket it won’t open unless I use the fob what’s going on dumb body shop guy says he know fords he’s worked in them for 10+ years and he says fiesta never have keyless entry hatch I know my car had that is something unplugged ?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Either unplugged or more likely, slightly bent, so it won't open properly.
It may look straight, but accidents do weird things to cars.
How badly were you hit?

What ^^^ said. If it's doing that then something isn't aligned correctly. If you put the hatch down gently does everything look like it lines up on the body. If so then it might just be the lock / striker plates that aren't quite lined up. Equally it could be the hinges that are not aligned, does it feel stiff when you try and close it / open it? My guess is that it's going to feel much stiffer as it goes back to the shut position if you close it gently. If you do that and then release it, does it feel like it wants to spring open again?

Can you not take it back to the place that 'fixed' it and get them to resolve it?