Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HBEcoBeaST ingot silver build

HBEcoBeaST

I just got a 2014 ingot silver fiesta st with 24,750 miles. Tell you what, it's the most fun car I've owned. It drives like an angry gokart disguised as an economy car.

I'm debating making this car my 'high school dream car' straight out of 2fast 2furious. Or I might go for the classy sleeper theme with some luxury mods. It will probably land somewhere in between.

So far I plugged the sound symposer with a paper towel. Waiting to get some longer pliers so I can install the Boomba symposer delete. I also wrapped the roof and mirrors gloss black. The 'Fiesta' badge also went bye bye. Installed Ford 'ST' cargo mat. Installed front weathertech wind diffusers in Smoke.

To be improved:
-ride. Im contemplating 16s and/or new struts. This thing BOUNCES like it has lowering springs over certain road surfaces. I'm impressed my suction phone mount hasn't detached from my dash.
-sound. I want to add sound deadening to doors and spare tire area. This will make the doors sound solid when you close them, improve sound and cut road noise. I also will do a complete sound system overhall with a sub above the spare.
-power. I would like a little more off the bottom in 1st and 2nd. I also wouldnt mind more intake noise and noise in general since i disconnected the symposer. Stage 1 and intake should suffice for now. Considering mountune mp215 since I have an extended warranty. Not sure if it supports an intercooler though.

Here are some pictures of the day i took delivery. Next to my 2003 Toyota tundra 4.7l v8 with a lift and some power mods. It looks tiny.

Stock

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #2
wrapped gloss black Avery vinyl by Auto Logic Salon

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
Installed weathertech wind diffusers on the front. Managed to misread directions and installed them incorrectly at first. Luckily they snap on and off. They work great and look good with my tinted windows and black top. They really cut wind noise and i can leave my windows cracked when i park.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thanks man. Once I get my black rims and splitter the 'look' will be complete.

Nice look. Before magnetic came out, IS was my preferred color. It's stealth on the freeways too.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #8
Got my Cobb rmm installed today at ModBargains. Really happy with the service. The even checked/tightened my boost hose clamps without me even asking. Pictures of the cobb box, oem rmm and my car flying.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #9
My initial thoughts on the cobb rmm.

My first start up I seriously thought, 'did they even put it on?' Even with the A/C on the vibration is more a noise than something you actually feel. With the radio on the noise is non-existent. I don't understand how people think this is too much NVH increase. Some posts had me scared that I would have to "live with it" until it breaks in. Glad that fear has been alleviated. Growing up my auntie had a 90something CRX (stock it was her economy coupe) and that thing vibrated 10x more and the vibration was LOUD taking off from a stop. I know I'm comparing old tech but I was expecting something similar. I guess that would be comparable to current 'race' mounts?

How does it drive? Better. It's not a night/day difference but there's a slightly more 'solid' feel when you shift. It's most noticeable for me in the 1st to 2nd gearchange. Aggressive shifts have much less of the back and forth 'yo-yo' feeling, normal shifts feel... normal. You can still unsettle the motor/tranny with super hard or mis-timed shifts and While it doesn't eliminate 100% of the motor/tranny movement slop, it's definitely an improvement. There are also multiple transmission and possibly(?) another motor mount so it's unrealistic to expect one mount to eliminate all problems. This mount honestly has me thinking I could have gone stiffer if there wasn't a big increase in noise.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #10
UPDATE
Ok I wanted to update my thoughts on the Cobb RMM. It is fantastic. It took 2 or 3 good drives before I really noticed how much more 'solid' the shifting. Low speed driving and agressive shifts feel better.

The faint vibration 'noise' is only audible if the radio is off amd you are listening for it while idling.

Really happy so far but I'm getting impatient to buy my accessport and e30 tune. POWERRRRR!

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #11
New brakes.

I got the dreaded drilled and slotted powerstop rotors since they were only 20$ more than motorcraft oem on the whole set. I really like the look. I don't track and I run them on my truck without issues.

Pads I got the motorcraft oem since I really like the bite. I got the dusty ones with the S on them. Even the box they came in was full of brake dust. Good brakes make dust... I really wanted ebc redstuff or hawk 5.0 pads but after reading reviews of the 5.0s and lack of reviews on the redstuff i went OEM motorcraft. Not to mention oem was about half the price of the hawks or ebc.

Parts were from rockauto. Literally just drove it across the street so no proper break in until tonight. Low speed they grab same as before. So far I'm happy.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #13
I can't stand 99.99% of cars in silver. But there is something about IS on a Fiesta ST that is just sooooo right. Looks perfect with the gloss black roof and mirrors!
Thanks! Silver is a really generic color but I agree the FiST looks great in it. I just need my black wheels to complete the look. Thanks for the compliment!

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #15
I've had my silver ST since Sep '14 and yours is the first one I've seen besides mine, albeit on this forum. So glad I went with silver instead of white.
Yes silver is very underated for this model. White is usually my go to color but IMO it doesn't suit the FiST. My car looks a lot different now [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #18
How dark is the tint?
It's the llumar ceramic dark (15%) all the way around minus windshield. Depending on lighting it seems darker or lighter. Darker than I'd normally go but never had a cop mention my tint since I got it.

What wind deflector is that? Need one for my rola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the llumar ceramic dark (15%) all the way around minus windshield. Depending on lighting it seems darker or lighter. Darker than I'd normally go but never had a cop mention my tint since I got it.

Nice. I'm thinking 35% myself just to be safe. I haven't had the best luck with cops. :LOL: