Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HEADERS! ohh yahh

So im trying to choose between what headers i should get, or if i shouldn't get any at all.
Im tuned running on E30 and i have a dp as well with a 3inch catback.
Here are some screen shots from the ones im thinking about. Keep in mined im cheap BUT if its best to spend more then im okay with that.
2 tubular ones and one ported one.

Attachments

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
+1 on the turbo question. I think that the consensus is that stock body turbos do best on the stock manifold, and hogging it out a tad helps with EGT a bit (suggesting a reduction in back pressure...., maybe). BT's do best on a tubular (@TyphoonFiST, have you installed yours, yet?). I'm not sure if we've heard anything about what works best with the S280 and X-57, but they have stock exhaust housings, so my guess is that you'd treat them like a stock body turbo.

I have the Whoosh Extrude Hone'd, Cerakote'd manifold with my X-47R (https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...ld-2014-2019-fiesta-st?variant=32171132059787). No complains, but no before/after comparison to show any gains or drops in EGT, either. Whoosh was going to post a comparison but I don't think that ever happened.

I'm pretty sure that I've read that the longer runner manifolds result in a slower spool with no increase on the top end with a stock body turbo.

Soooo..., spend the money elsewhere unless you're going with a BT and, then, get a tubular manifold?

OP
Blanco_ST
Thread Starter #5
+1 on the turbo question. I think that the consensus is that stock body turbos do best on the stock manifold, and hogging it out a tad helps with EGT a bit (suggesting a reduction in back pressure...., maybe). BT's do best on a tubular (@TyphoonFiST, have you installed yours, yet?). I'm not sure if we've heard anything about what works best with the S280 and X-57, but they have stock exhaust housings, so my guess is that you'd treat them like a stock body turbo.

I have the Whoosh Extrude Hone'd, Cerakote'd manifold with my X-47R (https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...ld-2014-2019-fiesta-st?variant=32171132059787). No complains, but no before/after comparison to show any gains or drops in EGT, either. Whoosh was going to post a comparison but I don't think that ever happened.

I'm pretty sure that I've read that the longer runner manifolds result in a slower spool with no increase on the top end with a stock body turbo.

Soooo..., spend the money elsewhere unless you're going with a BT and, then, get a tubular manifold?
Stockkk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is no sense in changing the turbo manifold (not header), if you are on stock turbo. I had the one all the way to the left (your ali-express one) on mine and it didn't change a thing about the car. There were absolutely no gains, it changed the sound of the car marginally.