Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlight Retrofit: Help with wiring halo and led strip for DRL/turnsignal

wetwea33

So I recently picked up a pair of OEM US spec headlights to retrofit. Im going to be using the following for the build...
- Morimoto 7.0 Bi-Xenon projectors with Morimoto HIDS and pivot switchback halos
- Bullet shrouds
- pivot switchback led strips
- highbeam splitters
- Still cant decide what I want to do about paint (want to keep it oemish looking but hate the amber reflector)

I want to use the halos and led strips for drls and turn signals. How is everyone wiring this up with US spec headlights? Any help and input would be appreciated. Any pictures/lists of peoples builds and how they wired things up would be greatly appriciated.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I recently picked up a pair of OEM US spec headlights to retrofit. Im going to be using the following for the build...
- Morimoto 7.0 Bi-Xenon projectors with Morimoto HIDS and pivot switchback halos
- Bullet shrouds
- highbeam splitters
- Still cant decide what I want to do about paint (want to keep it oemish looking but hate the amber reflector)

I want to use the halos and led strips for drls and turn signals. How is everyone wiring this up with US spec headlights? Any help and input would be appreciated. Any pictures/lists of peoples builds and how they wired things up would be greatly appriciated.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...eadlights-all-the-basics-in-one-thread.20213/

Have you read through all 15 pages? There is a ton of info here.

OP
wetwea33

wetwea33

Thread Starter #4
If you are using Halos, especially if you will mount the halos to the outside of the shrouds, you really want them to turn off when the headlights turn on. This is due to the heat of the HID lights. It will significantly reduce the lifespan of the halos if you leave them on while the headlights are on. This is exactly how I have my halos wired in the retrofit on my Tacoma headlights

For this, you just use a simple relay. Choose your switched source to power them, wire the relay so that the halos turn off when the headlights turn on. The strip LED's wont need to be turned off with headlights on since they aren't mounted right near the headlights, but it would mean a separate circuit.

I got the Depo Euro's and was thinking I might add halos also, and instead of trying to tie the strips to the factory wiring for the factory like functionality I think I'm probably just going to wire the halos and strips together and they'll both turn off when the headlights turn on, which is fine by me.

- Bullet shrouds
- highbeam splitters

Ive built a few of these and can help out if needed. My best advise is less is more when you are trimming the shrouds. That is the trickiest part of the process, to me anyway.

OP
wetwea33

wetwea33

Thread Starter #7
Ive built a few of these and can help out if needed. My best advise is less is more when you are trimming the shrouds. That is the trickiest part of the process, to me anyway.
I tried opening up the kne headlight using the heatgun method and basically destroyed the headlight. I'm taking a break on the retrofit for the time being as I am having my setup returned and need to put money else where. Might try to make a makeshift oven out of a box and the heatgun on the other headlight and see if that method works.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oof. I’m sorry to hear that. Donor sets are hard to come by as they are difficult to ship and uselessly large.
I’m sad to see you not complete this, but it’s understandable.

OP
wetwea33

wetwea33

Thread Starter #9
Oof. I’m sorry to hear that. Donor sets are hard to come by as they are difficult to ship and uselessly large.
I’m sad to see you not complete this, but it’s understandable.
I'm gonna attempt to use the other method on the other light. If that's clean and successful ill take one of the ones off my car for the retrofit and plastic weld the one that was messed up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reading about the factory permaseal was one reason I decided to use Depo euros as my base. And then the other big reason is im hoping to be able to simply remove the original halogen projector and swap in a Morimoto HID projector with no cutting and no custom mounting. Also the LED strips are a nice bonus