Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headliner gap

DangerMouse

installed a dash cam today, when tucking the wire up into the headliner there is a decent gap, at least 1/4” or more, it doesn’t sit against the windshield. I was wondering if thats normal on this car? I had some hail damage repaired a few years ago, and I know the headliner was removed for that. I’m wondering if it wasn’t put back properly.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
installed a dash cam today, when tucking the wire up into the headliner there is a decent gap, at least 1/4” or more, it doesn’t sit against the windshield. I was wondering if thats normal on this car? I had some hail damage repaired a few years ago, and I know the headliner was removed for that. I’m wondering if it wasn’t put back properly.
I know my Focus Sedan that I used to have had the same deal there was a small non visible gap between it and the windshield along the top. I think its we are Ford cheap. lol

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #4
I know my Focus Sedan that I used to have had the same deal there was a small non visible gap between it and the windshield along the top. I think its we are Ford cheap. lol
Yep gotta be, thanks for the help.

Installed a dash cam into my brand new never touched 2019. Yes it had a gap between the headliner and windshield. More than enough to tuck cabling into.
Dang, just Ford being Ford. Thanks for the help. I could get half my hand in there and I’m having trouble getting the cable to stay put. I might have to wedge a small piece of foam in there or something.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Could be for ventilation purposes. You want some air movement up there, particularly when you have a sunroof.
That said, I don't recall a gap when working with mine. Doesn't mean there isn't one, just don't recall one.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #7
Could be for ventilation purposes. You want some air movement up there, particularly when you have a sunroof.
That said, I don't recall a gap when working with mine. Doesn't mean there isn't one, just don't recall one.
Didn’t know that. I do have a sunroof unfortunately.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I used a bunch of these clips when installing my dash cam - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SYV4N...abc_46FDS661HYCVGZTFYEAD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

When the cable ran vertical, I clipped it into the clip. When it ran horizontal (like tucked into the headliner), I tucked the cable into the headliner and stuck one of the clips on the glass which was enough to keep the cable tucked in the headliner but you could really see the clips when they were stuck on.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #9
I used a bunch of these clips when installing my dash cam - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SYV4N...abc_46FDS661HYCVGZTFYEAD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

When the cable ran vertical, I clipped it into the clip. When it ran horizontal (like tucked into the headliner), I tucked the cable into the headliner and stuck one of the clips on the glass which was enough to keep the cable tucked in the headliner but you could really see the clips when they were stuck on.
Yea the dash cam included a few of those. I have a tint strip on the front and was trying to avoid using them.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

NIce good idea!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Didn’t know that. I do have a sunroof unfortunately.
Yep there's a gap there on mine as well; just never noticed.
When you run the defrost it'll send dehumidified warm air right into the headliner area.
Memory serving, I don't think the sides (behind the molding) are intact either.