Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headliner Removed - Interesting Side Effects

Intuit

3000 Post Club
From zero miles the thing has had a water intrusion issue. (leak) Not taking my own advice, took it in to the dealer a few times. Basically I just get it back new/additional problems. Lesson relearned.

So I removed the headliner in order to help locate the source of the leaks.

Lost functionality discovered so far:
1) Keyless Entry (transceiver is attached to headliner)
2) Keyless Start (same transceiver)
3) TPM function (uses that same transceiver)
4) HVAC is totally dead.
5) Dash indicators for fog and headlamps.
6) Dash indicators for turn signals; including related audio.
7) 10MPH automatic door locking.
8) Obviously, the front/rear dome lights came out with the headliner.

Seems like all of these functions (and more) tie in with the body control module. I'm sure there's more stuff I just haven't yet noticed. But pretty interesting that just removing the headliner kills all of this. (and probably more)

EDIT: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/water-intrusion-issue-resolved.23553/

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Good info to know for those making racecars. Probably have to relocate the module somehow.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
9) Colored interior ambient lighting. (passenger dash and footwells)
I was wrong about #9. The fact that the dash and screen no longer auto-dims probably makes the ambient lighting less noticeable. Another thing is everything shuts off right away when you hit the button. No delayed radio and lights-off.