Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heat Barrier on Mountune Airbox?

anticon

So, I had this idea a while ago and I am finally about ready to try it. I was thinking I would wrap my airbox with aluminized heat barrier to keep the air cooler in my mountune airbox and insulated from heat in the engine compartment. My thinking stems from the ST200 airbox being plastic and the mountune being metal. It seems the ST200 plastic would help insulate better. My only worry is maybe it will kind of heat soak. Any one have any thoughts or tried this before?

Attachments

Mikey456

Have you thought about the gold tape? I think another member wrapped his intake hose with gold tape. I don’t know if that’s cost prohibitive though with the amount of surface area you are using.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I think you'd be better off using some sort of paint, but I think either option will provide no measurable difference. I'm all for innovation though so measure temps before and after!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
ST200 intake is all plastic, basically a Ford version of the Mountune intake from the European Fiesta ST200. Whoosh sells them. Then you can just sell your current Mountune. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It certainly can’t hurt anything. I’ve debated doing the same because why not? More bang for your buck though is insulating the crossover pipe as it’s directly over the hot ass exhaust manifold and turbo.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #6
Have you thought about the gold tape? I think another member wrapped his intake hose with gold tape. I don’t know if that’s cost prohibitive though with the amount of surface area you are using.
Sounds to fancy for my budget build. :)

Last edited:
OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #7
It certainly can’t hurt anything. I’ve debated doing the same because why not? More bang for your buck though is insulating the crossover pipe as it’s directly over the hot ass exhaust manifold and turbo.
That's not a bad idea, I thought that was what the heatshield were for.