Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heated windscreen

Hi all. After some advice. The passenger side of the heated screen is not working. Have checked and both fuses are ok. I am just after the location of the wiring for it so i can check that. Thanks in advance

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The defrost isn't working? But only one half is functioning? could be a Mode door actuator? Do you have automatic temperature control or manual control?

OP
Azzyweir
Thread Starter #5
Only the driver side defrosts. just wondering where the wires are located. for the passenger side as i have tried the fuses.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If your vehicle has a grid like the rear.....sometimes the metal tang connectors that supply power to the grid break off and an fully cant supply power to the grid. I have seen the Grid actually wear out and break off of glass. the fix with that is a conductive adhesive made to re-join the broken grid again and its made by permatex here in the states.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
US Models do not have that as an option so you may not get much good info here. The semi-trucks we use at work have these windscreens and they are very nice in the snow.

OP
Azzyweir
Thread Starter #15
I see. Thanks for the help. it’s a must in this cold limey weather. At least the driver side works.

You might have to replace the screen. I've always wondered why an electric defroster isn't available for the screen(windshield) but apparently it is in other countries? News to me, would be nice for deep snow and temps of 17 degrees (that's in Fahrenheit btw). We have to wait for the coolant to heat up.