Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hell would freeze over first!!!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Trade in the FiST!?!.... hAhahahaAAA that is funny....

Short of something tragic, the only way I'll own another Ford at this point is if they rededicate to making cars... and I BELIEVE them when they say it. I feel no need to own a horse and carriage sized vehicle.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
For
Trade in the FiST!?!.... hAhahahaAAA that is funny....

Short of something tragic, the only way I'll own another Ford at this point is if they rededicate to making cars... and I BELIEVE them when they say it. I feel no need to own a horse and carriage sized vehicle.
Ford still makes cars, but in the USA they will only make cars that sell. And what sells here is the "bigger is better" marketing mentality vehicles like trucks and SUV's. Even our FiST's have always been heavily discounted. Ford made probably ten times the profit on one F150 than one FiST. Any retailer will stock what sells at the best profit unless they are stupid. Ford is willing to give up low profits sales to make room for higher profit vehicles on the dealers lots. From a former retail store owners view it make perfect business sense. I don't like our car disappearing, but I could not stay in business selling what I liked, I had to sell what the customers were buying. I'll keep my FiST but may in the future buy a Mustang to supplement it. Most of my new cars in 50 years of buying has been imports, but in the past 4 years my immediate family has bought only from an American car company. All Fords, GM had jack we wanted.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@jmrtsus - Also have no plans to import a Ford car either. Besides the hassle and legality issues of importing the car, it's going to be a two week minimum wait for parts to be shipped overseas. Yes I'm already aware that they'll continue to make/sell them overseas; as well as the mentality that states: "why go after smaller profit when we can go after bigger profit". From motorcycles to campers, there are plenty of low-volume vehicles that still manage to get manufactured and sold. I've heard of a Honda motorcycle... not a Ford one though.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
@jmrtsus - Also have no plans to import a Ford car either. Besides the hassle and legality issues of importing the car, it's going to be a two week minimum wait for parts to be shipped overseas. Yes I'm already aware that they'll continue to make/sell them overseas; as well as the mentality that states: "why go after smaller profit when we can go after bigger profit". From motorcycles to campers, there are plenty of low-volume vehicles that still manage to get manufactured and sold. I've heard of a Honda motorcycle... not a Ford one though.
I did not mean importing a new Ford.....I meant I have owned more imports than domestics. Like Saab, BMW, Toyota, Fiat, Mazda and Nissan. GM is doing the same thing as to dropping cars, even the Camaro is said to be gone soon. Small performance cars will fall to the import/ foreign companies. Jap cars have gotten so damn ugly I would not be seen in one and they have zip to compete with the FiST. You will never see my in a pick-up or SUV from anywhere so I'll keep my FiST till it or I die! No more happy with the situation than you are, but I understand why Ford is doing it.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I can't imagine ever having a SUV. A truck would be really beneficial. I have a good size yard I garden, and do a lot of yard projects. My next vehicle would be for my Wife what I imagined happening is my 2010 Ford Focus eventually dying, and I will then take my Wife's 2011 Mazda 3.
If Mazda will put the 2.5 liter turbo in the new Mazda 3 with an automatic I know I can sell her on that. Unfortunately it's only the naturally aspirated one for now.
I could probably sell her on a EcoBoost Mustang the V8 has way too much power, and I don't need to lose my license. It's sad to say but I'd rather have a 300 horsepower V8 Mustang just for the sound. 450 horsepower is just put you in jail power, or lose the rear end in the rain. Yes that's right I said too much power it's pointless on the street. You can't use it and it's just going to put you in jail if you have a need to put the pedal down like me. The Veloster N would be great as well please put a wet dual clutch in it so she can drive it.

That's why I love the Fiesta ST so much. Fun without losing your license. Plus I'm an idiot and would be doing burnouts all the time so no high horsepower rear wheel drives for me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Am I crazy for wanting a Fiesta ST in each color made? I absolutely love these cars.

Edit: Except Green Envy. No offense. Y'all can keep those.
Not crazy, I’ve had the same thought. I’d start with Kona Blue and Race Red. Each one could be built to different power levels and purposes. One street, one stripped out track/canyons and one rally.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I can't imagine ever having a SUV. A truck would be really beneficial. I have a good size yard I garden, and do a lot of yard projects. My next vehicle would be for my Wife what I imagined happening is my 2010 Ford Focus eventually dying, and I will then take my Wife's 2011 Mazda 3.
If Mazda will put the 2.5 liter turbo in the new Mazda 3 with an automatic I know I can sell her on that. Unfortunately it's only the naturally aspirated one for now.
I could probably sell her on a EcoBoost Mustang the V8 has way too much power, and I don't need to lose my license. It's sad to say but I'd rather have a 300 horsepower V8 Mustang just for the sound. 450 horsepower is just put you in jail power, or lose the rear end in the rain. Yes that's right I said too much power it's pointless on the street. You can't use it and it's just going to put you in jail if you have a need to put the pedal down like me. The Veloster N would be great as well please put a wet dual clutch in it so she can drive it.

That's why I love the Fiesta ST so much. Fun without losing your license. Plus I'm an idiot and would be doing burnouts all the time so no high horsepower rear wheel drives for me.

If you can control yourself the 460 Hp is just fine. Spent 2 weeks this summer wringing my wifes out on lots of great mountain roads, 2500 miles in 13 days.The sound alone is worth the entry fee. From reports the turbo saves jack on gas but the Coyote is a $5k premium. I would prefer the 6 speed manual. It also has a wet/snow traction mode that works great in the rain. I have owned 7 Mazda's including a turbo, but they have gotten away from performance.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

I found the ecoboost mustang with sport package more fun to hoon around in than the GT (except the sound) because it felt less nose heavy and you could actually go WOT occasionally in crowded SoCal without going to jail.

Something smaller and rwd with the ecoboost 2.3 would be an absolute blast - like a modern Ford Maverick :D

I generally prefer manual transmissions, but after driving fords 10 speed auto in both a gt and an EB, they get outta the hole bonkers fast.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
............ I don't need to lose my license. ........................ 450 horsepower is just put you in jail power, or lose the rear end in the rain. Yes that's right I said too much power it's pointless on the street. You can't use it and it's just going to put you in jail if you have a need to put the pedal down like me. ................................................. That's why I love the Fiesta ST so much. Fun without losing your license. Plus I'm an idiot and would be doing burnouts all the time so no high horsepower rear wheel drives for me.
Some folks criticize, but actually A LOT of people can relate to this. There really should be more tracks, drag strips and courses around here. But there's way more short/long term money in selling/leasing that same plot of land to a housing or business park developer versus hanging on to and managing the complexities of pre-funding, organizing and advertising regular events.

I actually had a Focus RS for about 8,000 (well my dad did and I got to drive it often so...) and I can both agree and disagree with the statements. The Fiesta for sure is easy to toss around and is the better choice IMO, but the Focus seems to have more of a sporty feel to it and has stiffer suspension to balance out the heavier weight in the turns. The bigger boot is also a bit more practical. If you've never driven one, give it a try (that is if the dealership even lets you, why they restricted test drives for a car is beyond me).
They restricted test drives initially because they were expecting to sell them at list plus. Later, they restricted test drives because they could not be certain that the car wouldn't either blow a head gasket or puke it's diff oil all over the street! Which was probably a good thing to do. The buyers of many FoRS' had really bad experiences.