Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello From brand new Owner!

Hello From Idaho.

I am the proud owner of a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST. LOVE the car. It is so much fun. I was looking for suggestions on some mods though. I have been looking and shopping around and as far as cold air intake, I have seen a few "Universal's" for sale that are around $60, to COBB and AEM. Those run around $260 or so. There are a few other models out there. I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on any they have bought and installed, or what their suggestion is for easiest on the wallet, easiest to install, and what works the best? My only experience with installing cold air was on an older car (1997 Sebring) and the universal for that engine worked great. As well as, does installing cold air void the factory warranty? I couldn't find any information whether it does or not.

I have also been looking into chips for the car. That i was going to wait on, but any brand suggestions? I've seen quite a few, that range anywhere from $80 to $350. I would think that the higher the price, the better the quality, but that isn't always the case. Does anyone have a 2016 that they have chipped, and what brand did you use, and are you happy with that one?

Thanks!!

FB_IMG_1496380569341[1].jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hello From Idaho.

I am the proud owner of a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST. LOVE the car. It is so much fun. I was looking for suggestions on some mods though. I have been looking and shopping around and as far as cold air intake, I have seen a few "Universal's" for sale that are around $60, to COBB and AEM. Those run around $260 or so. There are a few other models out there. I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on any they have bought and installed, or what their suggestion is for easiest on the wallet, easiest to install, and what works the best? My only experience with installing cold air was on an older car (1997 Sebring) and the universal for that engine worked great. As well as, does installing cold air void the factory warranty? I couldn't find any information whether it does or not.

I have also been looking into chips for the car. That i was going to wait on, but any brand suggestions? I've seen quite a few, that range anywhere from $80 to $350. I would think that the higher the price, the better the quality, but that isn't always the case. Does anyone have a 2016 that they have chipped, and what brand did you use, and are you happy with that one?

Thanks!!

View attachment 14779
welcome

please don't tune your car with anything but the Cobb AP

lot's of great mods and aftermarket support for your new Fiesta

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Yes, what Ron said. I wouldn't do any "chips." Cobb Access Port is what you want. I'd (personally) avoid getting an intake; instead I'd use the intake money on a stouter rear motor mount, and a short throw shifter. I only say this because the intake won't get you much (if any) power increase, but it'll give you some sound(s), and if that's important to you, go for it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
If you want to tune you have only two real choices. First is the Mountune MP-215 which includes a true cold air hose fed intake and K&N filter. Other intakes suck in hot underhood air. Your warranty can be retained with the Mountune. Second is Cobb, the most popular for those that are not concerned with warranty and want the much more flexible Cobb products. Your call!

As to an intake and intake tube neither will affect your warranty unless you chose one that bypasses emissions with so called "fixes". Look at the long threads before doing anything. Lots of traps and pitfalls here. My advise is to get the 2015 tube from whoever and the actual FORD vent cable from a 2015 ST to insure no a code life, all on the threads. Will it do anything for performance on a stock or lightly tuned car, no. But it can dress up the underhood and give you more intake noise.

Have a great time in your FiST, this Forum can help you take it in any direction you want. The Fiesta ST can be whatever your wallet desires and can fund! Just remember that Vendors are Vendors to make a buck and some will use this forum to self promote some not so good products. You will see many, like me, have been taken to the cleaners by some shady Vendors, do your homework on the Forum before sending money. Wrench on, and get an Oil Catch Can first!

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
Yes, what Ron said. I wouldn't do any "chips." Cobb Access Port is what you want. I'd (personally) avoid getting an intake; instead I'd use the intake money on a stouter rear motor mount, and a short throw shifter. I only say this because the intake won't get you much (if any) power increase, but it'll give you some sound(s), and if that's important to you, go for it.
I am interested mainly in the intake for the sound, and the looks, and it does give a little bit of boost. But I am really interested in that rear stouter rear motor mount. Not too spendy with some good qualities to it. Thanks for showing me that!

All of these intakes i'm looking at, I'm still not sold one one particular one 100%. I've got Injen, but a lot of their intakes either don't look like they fit correctly, or don't come with the heat blocker. But they run the lowest cost. OEM looks good, looks like a good fit, has the cover, and runs around $250. K&N has another for around $240 as well, looks almost identical to the OEM, except the intake pipe is polyethylene instead of Aluminum. And I'm having trouble locating a COBB intake. Checked their sites, checked other sites, and only finding them for the focus, not the Fiesta.

And regarding the tuner chip, I'll wait on that. Looked over the COBB and I do like that one. There was a couple other brands out there, but if COBB is the best, I will have to save up for that one :)