Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Czech Republic

Hello ST community! Sorry for my english, but I try to be active member of this forum.

Something to introduce me. I am a woman (Im hope, that here are more women), age 35, two boys (age 8 and 12), my job is HR department. I am not standard woman, because in our family I take care for our cars (Ford S-Max and now fiesta ST). I love driving from I get driving licence. I drive really a lot. And I like competition with car. :) In the past I attended some slalom races. But I had not right car for it (I tried it with Skoda fabia 1,2 HTP or my S-Max and it were really horrible results, but good experience). Some friend borrow me cars for slalom (Honda Civic Sport, Mondeo ST220, Ford Ka, Focus ST etc.), but I wish my own perfect one. And 2,5 years ago I saw test with new fiesta st. And it was really love for first moment. So I started saving money for my dream. And from this March it became reality. I was so happy, that it was imposibble. I love my car really a lot. So I started attend slalom races with fiesta. As only one woman in Czech republic (there are some women attendees, but with differente car make) :) Typical situation on start list - me and 30 or more men. :) And the result...:))) It is often big shock for men...last 5 slaloms - 3 first places and 2 second. :)
I want to have my fiesta in origin-stock state (only brake discs and plate I plan to chance, because last one resisted only 12000 km, and tyres, of course). I have about 12 friends with new fiesta st and all of them have some performance. Some of them have more than 50 hp than my fiesta. But nobody was able to beat me. :) Yes, in some situation I wish to have more hp, but than...it is better to work on my own driving style, because this is the most important thing (and semislick tyres will help me to, I plan to buy it next year and races wheels too). Last slalom (on Saturday) I beat a lot car, a lot of slalom specials and really race cars, more powerfull than my fiesta. I want to show other driver, especially to young driver, that it is possible to be successful with standard setting, with origin state, if you know your car really well.
I use me fiesta every day as a normal family car - for shopping, for picking my sons from school or trainings. And she (yes SHE, for me she is not only IT!) is perfect in all way. Thank you very much my pretty one!

And some photos and video - all in totally origin setting, including tyres, wheels and brakes.

only 4 months collection....

[video=youtube;PGtxOlzuWQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGtxOlzuWQo[/video]

[video=youtube;Aspw9DilQBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aspw9DilQBM[/video]

OP
velryb
Thread Starter #6
Thank you all. :) And this lifting of inside wheel it´s really funny. :)) In some moment it is about 0,5 meter above road. But, if I want to change direction really fast, this is the result. :) But my driving style on slalom tracks is really on the edge. ;-)

OP
velryb
Thread Starter #12
One more video - work with stearing wheel in really technical slalom (I need only second gear, but every slalom is diferent, in some I need third or thourth gear too). This is only first training ride, introduction with new track. :) So it is slow. Do you have in US those type of competitions?

[video=youtube;TqOIPEIEe1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOIPEIEe1w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

DriverOne

Velryb, hello! I am new to FiestaSTforum.com too. We do have a slalom course but we call it Auto-Cross or AutoX.

[video=youtube;fZUXkn0xFv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUXkn0xFv8[/video]

In this video is a Ford Festiva, Ford Focus ST, and a Ford Fiesta ST!

Congratulations on your winnings in 2016!