Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from eastern Ontario Canada! 🇨🇦

Hey everyone! I finally picked up my first FiST. I've wanted one of these for a long time. Here's the kicker though.. it's a salvage car that I'm going to rebuild. I've never done that before and I'm both scared and excited. Here's what it looks like currently.

tempImage5X0O9I.jpg

I hear all the kids are on YouTube now, so I'm also documenting the rebuild there if you car to watch. I just posted the first video.

View: https://youtu.be/769vFmsNsJE

Anyway, I'm sure there are tons of good info on this site that will come in handy, but also expect a lot of questions.
Cheers!

Looks awesome man! Love the orange Recaros!

on top of the short shifter I would check to see if the rear motor mount is aftermarket as well, it is a super common mod. Also a lot of guys do a European projector headlight upgrade, which depending on Canada laws could be cool to do since it appears you may need new headlights anyway. OEM Euros are more money, or you can do a brand like Depo or Hella which are quality and a little cheaper.

cheers from the USA!

OP
Builtbyageek
Thread Starter #7
Looks awesome man! Love the orange Recaros!

on top of the short shifter I would check to see if the rear motor mount is aftermarket as well, it is a super common mod. Also a lot of guys do a European projector headlight upgrade, which depending on Canada laws could be cool to do since it appears you may need new headlights anyway. OEM Euros are more money, or you can do a brand like Depo or Hella which are quality and a little cheaper.

cheers from the USA!
Thanks for the tip, I’ll take a closer look at the motor mount. I noticed Whoosh has the euro lights on their website but is out of stock. I was going to reach out to them to see what kind of timeline they expect. Is there another shop that might have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxiaze

Depo Euro Spec Headlights | cars245 (380$)

cars245.com is where you’ll want to order them from I would imagine. Best prices and several options. I would personally opt for the Depo brand. Make sure when you select that you select a left and a right side. It’s not super clear on the page so just pay attention. Hope that helps! Congrats and good luck with your build!

Thanks for the tip, I’ll take a closer look at the motor mount. I noticed Whoosh has the euro lights on their website but is out of stock. I was going to reach out to them to see what kind of timeline they expect. Is there another shop that might have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depo Euro Spec Headlights | cars245 (380$)

cars245.com is where you’ll want to order them from I would imagine. Best prices and several options. I would personally opt for the Depo brand. Make sure when you select that you select a left and a right side. It’s not super clear on the page so just pay attention. Hope that helps! Congrats and good luck with your build!
xxiaze is spot on here, cars245 is where I’m looking to get mine, light years cheaper than OEM, similar output and design, there is a thread on here of guys who figured out how to get the DRL (led strip thats always on like the FoST has) working as well as they’re made for Euro cars and have a little difference in wiring needed, other than DRL they’re pretty much plug and play from what I understand.

Mind you OEM EDM quality is claimed by some to be better, though Hellas also have similar OEM quality, Depos seem to be a little cheaper with potential to do your own retrofitting if you want, or keep them how they are and enjoy your new projector headlights that are still better than USDM headlights. If you want to opt for OEM from Whoosh, Ron the owner is an incredible dude and is on these forums. Super friendly so feel free to reach out to him with questions

Also got a new subscriber! Excited to see how the build develops!

Last edited:
OP
Builtbyageek
Thread Starter #11
That's great, thanks for the advice. The Depo headlights have come up in some of my search but haven't really looked into them. I'll have to check them out.

Also thanks to all those who have subscribe to my channel. It's both exciting and nerve wracking lol. I guess I should start a build thread also huh?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
That's great, thanks for the advice. The Depo headlights have come up in some of my search but haven't really looked into them. I'll have to check them out.

Also thanks to all those who have subscribe to my channel. It's both exciting and nerve wracking lol. I guess I should start a build thread also huh?
Yup. You could make it easy on yourself and just list the system parts you're working on each weekend. Then post a link for that YouTube video. Like chapters. That way you're not burdened with providing the full information twice.

Having a build thread is a great resource for the next member.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk