Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from OC

Hey everyone,

Been an ST owner for almost 2 years now. Been a lifelong car guy, drove Miatas, Corvettes, Porsches, Audis before arriving at the Fiesta. It remains to this day the most enjoyable car I've ever owned, and one of the cheapest to boot.
This year I've been breaking it in at autocross and I'm now well into the pack w/ all the other STs (I'm usually the only bone-stock one of the pack). I'm now ready to start modifying the car a bit and figured I could use some more perspective from the broader community. Looking forward to diving in deep w/ yall.

7DM24506Blur.jpg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! It's an agile little thing, especially for the price.
Most people start with a rear MM. Makes a big difference in shifting.

OP
ToastAutoX
Thread Starter #4
Welcome! It's an agile little thing, especially for the price.
Most people start with a rear MM. Makes a big difference in shifting.
Yeah, my short list (in order) is:
  1. 16" lightweight wheels
  2. LSD
  3. RMM
  4. Larger IC
Other than mid-band torque, I honestly don't feel a desperate need to upgrade the engine / ECU. I can easily chirp the tires in 2nd gear w/ traction control off, and I rarely shift past 2nd on the autocross course.

Welcome. I wish mine came with the black wheels and painted calipers, I have extra mods to get to that look now. Whoosh has a great sale on FMIC right now that might be a good start. Check his page in vendors.

HBEcoBeaST

Hello! Rear motor mount and powerflex motor and trans mount inserts. Lightweight wheels. Front and rear chasis bracing. Then suspension. Good mod path for handling and traction. May make you rethink the need for more power since you'll be able to use more of it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
ToastAutoX
Thread Starter #10
Hello! Rear motor mount and powerflex motor and trans mount inserts. Lightweight wheels. Front and rear chasis bracing. Then suspension. Good mod path for handling and traction. May make you rethink the need for more power since you'll be able to use more of it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Chasis bracing is one I haven't heard batted around. I put framerail braces on my Miata and they made a world of difference. I'd worry they'd make the car too stiff for everyday driving.

Welcome!

Depends on the class for the mods. I personally don't care about the class and just go out to have fun, but some people care. I can tell you that in STH you can basically do whatever you want with the exception of weight reduction and fuel mods.

HS:
- 16" Wheels
- 205/45/16 RE71r (best thing for time)

STH:
- Mods above
- RMM
- Intercooler
- Coilovers
- Chassis Brace
- LSD
- Accessport

STP:
- Mods Above
- Bushings and Aero

STM:
- Whatever you want

1573851296141.png

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Wow. The rules are a lot more complicated than when I was autocrossing in the 70's and 80's. We just had Stock, Street Prepared, Prepared and Modified. And Street Prepared didn't allow half of what's allowed now.