Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Rochester, MN

Only had her for about a year but I got her to FBO with a few other things. Love the magnetic grey with red. Looking to get a new turbo in x47r or something like that. Trying to find a shop to do it but no luck yet. Any other mn Fisters want to get together, lots of good roads down here to cut up.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Only had her for about a year but I got her to FBO with a few other things. Love the magnetic grey with red. Looking to get a new turbo in x47r or something like that. Trying to find a shop to do it but no luck yet. Any other mn Fisters want to get together, lots of good roads down here to cut up.
I'm in Richfield/ Mpls. Why not do the Turbo install yourself? I did mine and will be doing another real soon with My DHM kit. It's seems very Daunting....just make sure you have everything or start during the week so you don't get the shaft of the weekend scramble. If you need advice/ Help hit me up. Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #10
I'm in Richfield/ Mpls. Why not do the Turbo install yourself? I did mine and will be doing another real soon with My DHM kit. It's seems very Daunting....just make sure you have everything or start during the week so you don't get the shaft of the weekend scramble. If you need advice/ Help hit me up. Welcome!

I guess, I did more or less everything else and the reason I am hesitant is the downpipe removal was a real b****. What turbo did you install?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I guess, I did more or less everything else and the reason I am hesitant is the downpipe removal was a real b****. What turbo did you install?
A GTX2860R Gen2, Ported and polished OEM exhaust manifold with machined to match ATP adapter, whoosh catted Dp, Thermal R & D exhaust. All at once it got done...went from None to Done.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome!

Can second what Typhoon said about doing the install yourself. I had a ā€œreputableā€ shop install my 2860 Gen 2 and airtec manifold and they screwed it up big time so I ended up pulling it all off myself to fix because I didnā€™t trust them to get it right. Have pulled it again since that. Itā€™s really not hard at all. If you did the downpipe yourself, you can do the turbo. Especially if doing a stock frame hybrid. Downpipe was considerably harder.

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #13
Welcome!

Can second what Typhoon said about doing the install yourself. I had a ā€œreputableā€ shop install my 2860 Gen 2 and airtec manifold and they screwed it up big time so I ended up pulling it all off myself to fix because I didnā€™t trust them to get it right. Have pulled it again since that. Itā€™s really not hard at all. If you did the downpipe yourself, you can do the turbo. Especially if doing a stock frame hybrid. Downpipe was considerably harder.
Alright, perfect. Well time to find a good deal on a x47r. Thanks for that reply!

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #14
A GTX2860R Gen2, Ported and polished OEM exhaust manifold with machined to match ATP adapter, whoosh catted Dp, Thermal R & D exhaust. All at once it got done...went from None to Done.

Wow, I bet it felt like a whole new car!

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #17
Welcome! I'm also from the Twin Cities. I was just down in Roch a few weeks ago (not in my FiST), and I may have seen you. Lookin good! Welcome!
Nice! Yeah feel free to chat me up if you see me. Love talking to other people who enjoy their cars.