Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Seattle

Picked up a used, red ST a couple of months ago from my local Ford dealer. Car only had 10k on it but I took off the stock rubber and replaced it with some Falken ZE950. Also put on a Magnaflow canister with new dual tips. Am looking at doing the Mountune MP215 kit but want to see what experiences others have had with it. So far am loving the way the car looks and handles.

Tom

Attachments

meFiSTo

Welcome to the board, Tom. There is a PNW "regional" subforum (such as it is). Not much activity there, but you never know. Some guys on that subforum have suggested possible G2Gs. You never know. Now that my car is getting sorted out, I hope to do a few track days per year. Maybe I'll see some of the local folks there.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard Tom. [welcome]

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the info meFISTo. I'd be interested in your impression of the mp215 you had installed. I'm thinking of doing that mod, but want to know what owners think of it.

meFiSTo

Thanks for the info meFISTo. I'd be interested in your impression of the mp215 you had installed. I'm thinking of doing that mod, but want to know what owners think of it.
The MP215 is a good, mild enhancement. It's warranty friendly and, for CA folks, it is also OBDII smog-test friendly. The DOL no longer smog tests 2009 and newer cars in King County. I'm not sure if testing is done in Snohomish County. Personally, I don't think an MP215 or any of the tune upgrades are truly necessary for an everyday commuter, although we do love to modify our cars. I'd certainly do the MP215 long before doing anything on the exhaust side at this point (20/20 hindsight).

Welcome [welcome]

My FiST came with the MP215 kit installed by the dealer - so no 'before' experience. I liked the idea of keeping the warranty intact. Certainly goes from sedate to "No! Really Officer? That fast??" quite well enough for an everyday driver.

Picked up a used, red ST a couple of months ago from my local Ford dealer. Car only had 10k on it but I took off the stock rubber and replaced it with some Falken ZE950. Also put on a Magnaflow canister with new dual tips. Am looking at doing the Mountune MP215 kit but want to see what experiences others have had with it. So far am loving the way the car looks and handles.

Tom
Welcome to the forum, Tom, and congrats on your new ST! My name's Nick, the local Ford Service Rep. Don't hesitate to reach out should you ever need anything. Enjoy it! [coolsmile]

Nick

OP
T
Thread Starter #13
The MP215 is a good, mild enhancement. It's warranty friendly and, for CA folks, it is also OBDII smog-test friendly. The DOL no longer smog tests 2009 and newer cars in King County. I'm not sure if testing is done in Snohomish County. Personally, I don't think an MP215 or any of the tune upgrades are truly necessary for an everyday commuter, although we do love to modify our cars. I'd certainly do the MP215 long before doing anything on the exhaust side at this point (20/20 hindsight).
Exhaust was purely for sound. I felt the stock exhaust was a little anemic. The Magnaflow gives it a deeper growl. And thanks everybody for the welcome into the forum.

meFiSTo

Exhaust was purely for sound. I felt the stock exhaust was a little anemic. The Magnaflow gives it a deeper growl. And thanks everybody for the welcome into the forum.
Hah. I completely get it. I did the same thing. I just wonder if I would do it again, or perhaps in a different order. I also had some bad luck with a 3-inch SS exhaust that I had to return. My Borla catback is pretty mellow, but is an audible improvement over stock. No matter, enjoy your car and again: Welcome!