Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Tampa Bay, FL

907MikeG

Hello, new owner (July 2019) of a 2016 Fiesta ST with 63,000 miles, in the Tampa Bay, FL area. Daily driver, just slotted and drilled rotors which I might return to stock. Stock tire size, Indy 500s. Those are the only mods. Fun car, looking forward to meeting some folks that will guide me to a track of some sort. I don't know what else to say other than Hello!

Questions;
Currently suffering from;
Clunky transmission during shifting, especially 1-2-3. If shifted fast, it is less prevalent. CVs already changed by previous owner. Will an RMM and better gear oil fix this?
Passenger and driver side A/C blend door popping noise. Is the Dorman part better than OEM? Previous owner has replaced the passenger side once with OEM. Is there a permanent fix to this? It is annoying. #FordInterior
Evap purge valve (is that what it is called?), rough idle/stall after fueling up. Is it true that switching to 2015 evap lines fixes this issue? Please advise.
Sunroof cover noisy, probably just have to deal with it.
Are these cars prone to getting out of alignment relatively easily? Seems like a pothole will murder the alignment every time.

Looking to swap to 16" wheels with summer tires in the "winter tire size" the manual dictates. Will that throw off the speedometer?

Future plans;
FMIC and functional intake.
Better piping all around.
RMM.
AccessPort with 93 tune. If I buy a used one that was on a different car, for example subaru, could it be programmed for the fiesta?

So far, I love this car, have put a lot of miles on it, and it's an incredible driving experience everytime I get in it.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome.

1. Clunk transmission shifts could possibly be nornal the tranny tends to be a little noisy on shifts., better gear oil can help.
RMM is noticeable when do higher revved shifts in 2nd and 3rd.
blend door actuator is kinda hit and miss some people have it fail repeatedly others do not have a problem YMMV.
Evap purge is another hit and miss , a lot of people recommending not trying to top off your tank at fill ups to avoid the issue, switching to 2015 evap lines has nothing to do with it. Not sure where you got that idea The evap line change is due to the later models having a t fitting line and it not working with a lot of aftermarket intake hoses that were made for the 2014-15 models and not the newer ones,
Potholes should not murder your alignment but can and do murder wheels. Lol I have had murdered wheels but my alignment has been fine,