Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello there!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
These are reliable cars. Change your oil with good synthetic every 5000, and keep up with regular maintenance, and it'll go for years.
Don't ignore your cabin filter. It's a PITA, but doable.

OP
Kittykick
Thread Starter #4
Welcome!
These are reliable cars. Change your oil with good synthetic every 5000, and keep up with regular maintenance, and it'll go for years.
Don't ignore your cabin filter. It's a PITA, but doable.
Thanks for the info! I've been working in Ford parts for about 8 years now. Never seen a Feista ST in our service department for anything major! Good to know with the 5000 mark. And I'll definitely check the cabin! Thanks again!

OP
Kittykick
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to the car and to the forum. You're going to really enjoy it, it exceeds most people's expectations of how good it can be.
I haven't had any issues yet! I've been enjoying it ever since my dealership gave me a great deal on it. Running a stage 1 cobb tune and loving everything this car is putting out. Thanks! 😄

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
Kittykick
Thread Starter #8
Also, since you just got it, change your tranny fluid. I use this, and it meets all the Ford specs: https://www.ravenolamerica.com/passenger-car-products/75w-80-gear-oil-ravenol-mtf-2/
Put all 2 liters in it, and you're good for 50,000 on a daily driver.
It doesn't matter what fluids you use as much as changing them regularly.
But, you know that. :)
75w80 huh? 🤔 I should change the fluid now that you mentioned it since I got it last month. But Ford recommends the duel clutch fluid(XT-11-QDC) what's the story with the 75-80?

Also, since you just got it, change your tranny fluid. I use this, and it meets all the Ford specs: https://www.ravenolamerica.com/passenger-car-products/75w-80-gear-oil-ravenol-mtf-2/
Put all 2 liters in it, and you're good for 50,000 on a daily driver.
It doesn't matter what fluids you use as much as changing them regularly.
But, you know that. :)

This!! Plus a short shift adapter will make rowing the gears in the car so much more enjoyable. I did the adapter first and it was great. Finally took the plunge on the Ravenol MTF at around 20K and WOW! Looking back I should have done both ASAP. These two are probably the least expensive and most noticeable driving upgrades to do right off the bat IMO.

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to the car and to the forum. You're going to really enjoy it, it exceeds most people's expectations of how good it can be.
This car is competitive with cars like the BRZ.
As I've gotten to know it, the cornering feel and even the power makes me grin whenever I get on it.
My friends, who don't get what a Fiesta can do, are always surprised.
One praised my driving skills. I'm not that great of a driver. I just have a car that can do that crazy shit if I want to. I average just over 30 mpg, and I can put a lawnmower in it, or go on a road trip with a giant cooler and luggage for 2 people. Do that in a sports car. :LOL:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
75w80 huh? 🤔 I should change the fluid now that you mentioned it since I got it last month. But Ford recommends the duel clutch fluid(XT-11-QDC) what's the story with the 75-80?
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

The Ravenol MTF-2 75W-80 (and a few others as well) is/(are) FULLY Ford spec approved for our transaxles.

The approved MT Fluids give MUCH greater protection than the DCT fluid does to everything inside these transaxles, and most claim greatly improving shifting feel/action as well. :)

It also does not mechanically 'shear down' and thin out with use anywhere close to as quickly as the DCT fluids do, so yes, it's longevity is also much better than the DCT stuff.

The speculation here is that Ford did not want the bother/expense of an extra fill tank on the line, so they just used the DCT fluid in our IB6es, since our cars were/are the glaring exception of being a manual gearbox ONLY nowadays, and in Ford's lineup, save for that choice in the 'Stangs, and some very very rare Fusions. [wink] [driving]