Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP! Car wont start and throwing P0001 Engine Code?

What's up party people! So story short i was in an accident involving a heavy gate falling on the hood of my car causing damage to the intake manifold, radiator, ac condenser, and a few other parts. Anyways, ive been working on the car slowly buying parts for it and i finally got everything back together. Started the car but noticed i had a boost leak in the intake manifold seals (I was a lazy idiot and reused the old seals, dont roast me pls lol) so i had to take everything apart and replaced them. Finally got everything back together and the engine cranks and cranks but it wont start. So i use a obd2 scanner and get engine code P0001... I checked my fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, wires and connectors, battery connection, i replaced the battery because it died from sitting too long outside, and i even unplugged one of the fuel lines just to make sure that im getting fuel pressure... I dont know what else to do, maybe my ECM is bad? Please help :(

DAW

Why didn’t you call your insurance company and just pay the deductible, and have all of that fixed? No offense man but the way you’re going about this isn’t smart.

I was running but had a boost leak due to trying to re-use old seals. Per your description all you did was dig down to replace those seals. IMO the problem is that you either cut a wire somewhere or didn't get some connector plugged in properly. Since cutting a wire isn't likely unless you get real careless with wire cutters I would suggest you check every single connector by giving them a tug. The one where the locking tab isn't engaged is your problem.

BTW, I've been there done that. On these cars it rather easy to do. BTW In my case it was the Air Temp sensor on the airbox lid and that particular fault will put you in limp home mode. Fortunately I was only 2 blocks from home when I noticed the alert.

OP
H
Thread Starter #5
I was running but had a boost leak due to trying to re-use old seals. Per your description all you did was dig down to replace those seals. IMO the problem is that you either cut a wire somewhere or didn't get some connector plugged in properly. Since cutting a wire isn't likely unless you get real careless with wire cutters I would suggest you check every single connector by giving them a tug. The one where the locking tab isn't engaged is your problem.

BTW, I've been there done that. On these cars it rather easy to do. BTW In my case it was the Air Temp sensor on the airbox lid and that particular fault will put you in limp home mode. Fortunately I was only 2 blocks from home when I noticed the alert.
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it... I'm going to have a friend come look at it next weekend and double check my work... It has to be something stupid that I missed because it started up just fine before i replaced those manifold seals...

SteveS

1000 Post Club
P0001 is the OBD-II generic code describing an issue with the circuit which runs from your engine computer (ECM) to your fuel pressure regulator on your fuel injection rail on your engine.

The ECM regulates your fuel pressure from your fuel pump going to your engine through this circuit. When the computer detects a fault in the circuit, it will set a Check Engine Light. The code will affect fuel economy and possibly damage the engine.

What causes the P0001 code?

The fuel volume regulator code may have several causes:

• Disconnected plug to the fuel regulator
  • Possible corrosion in the sensor connector
  • Damage to the sensor wiring to the ECM
  • Leaking fuel pressure regulator
  • Damaged fuel pump
  • The ECM is damaged

Looking at SteveS' reply the obvious candidate in this case is the plug to the Fuel Regulator. If someone who knows would answer with a picture or good description of the location of this plug Holdmybeer should be able to have his car running in a snap.

OP
H
Thread Starter #8
Looking at SteveS' reply the obvious candidate in this case is the plug to the Fuel Regulator. If someone who knows would answer with a picture or good description of the location of this plug Holdmybeer should be able to have his car running in a snap.

Attachments

I'm sure he figured it out by now but the connector for the DTC you have is on the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump). The HPFP is located as shown below. 1597192663792.png

Have you sorted this issue mate, I'm having the same problem. Car cranks but won't start

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk